Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: So Much Work. So Little Time.

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

So Much Work. So Little Time.

Talk about long hours. I worked twelve hours straight -- er, in-a-row -- the other day. Not at my cool new day job. On pre-production. It's a full-time job in itself.

As I mentioned, I've been introduced to the concept of Angel Investors and Venture Capitalists. Apparently my project (or "company") is hardly worth looking for Venture Capitalists because my "start up" costs are minimal. Actually, my entire project's costs are minimal to these big investors. I believe the term is chump-change.

So I'm working on a business plan. Actually, I'm looking at templates and reading about how to do a business plan. Headed to the library this week for a copy of Biz Planning for Dummies.

I have a great book, something like "everything you need to know about the music business." I've skimmed it in the past but I wasn't ready for the information. I am now. If memory serves, the book is sitting comfortably, collecting dust, in my Los Angeles living room bookshelf -- 3400 miles away.

***

I booked actual studio time with the actual recording studio. I was feeling discouraged after talking with the studio mogul. I remember having a good feeling when we met. I am hoping this is just pre-production jitters. We'll see. I'll sit with it. There's a lot to consider before recording with someone new to my music. I like the "fresh ears" of a newbie. I just need to be sure we're on the same EXACT page.

So as it stands today - we're recording Thanksgiving weekend and the following weekend. Four full days. I hope that's enough. I worry about the budget (of course).

***

I woke up this morning with four of my songs playing through my head. Only this time I was wearing a producer's cap. Just because I love a song, doesn't mean it should be on the CD. And vice versa. There are some songs that I've played for over ten years (that I'm kinda sick of) but people who are hearing them for the first time are raving and demanding that they are included on the final CD. I guess there's a reason they were "trish hits" ten years ago.

so. much. to. think. about.

***

Thanks to those who have pre-ordered, donated and pre-pre-ordered. We are 1/20 of the way to the low-end budget. Yay!

Labels: ,

Comments on "So Much Work. So Little Time."

 

Blogger Heather said ... (10:49 AM) : 

trish i am so excited for you!
this is such an awesome endeavor!
:] i can't wait to read more about your progress!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:13 AM) : 

I also have a busy work. I always found i have no time to do otherthings. Since i find millionairematch.com, i find more friends they have the similar job with me . we can discuss the titles in a relaxed way. If you want, welcome you to join us.

 

post a comment