Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Today's Mantra - Believe

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Today's Mantra - Believe

Did I mention I lost that low-paying, not-enough-hours-job at the beginning of the month? Yeah well, it was a temp assignment and it was time to move on.

It just took longer than anticipated to pick up another assignment.

I started a new job (finally) this week. Full time and more pay. Now that's what I'm talking about. The people are fun and I'm really enjoying it. Wish I'd found this job when we arrived in May. But I know, I know, everything is perfectly timed. I may even be sad to leave at the end of the year.

So aside from a week of bedridden upper respiratory illness, depression caused by a month of no income, and financing falling through for the CD project, things have been great.

I'm still planning on booking studio time and getting players together. I've played three different living room shows and I'm swimming in piles of notes. (read more about it here)

Now for brainstorming.

How can I raise funds to produce this CD? I have a few ideas and I'm figuring out how to go about executing them - investors, donations, pre-orders, benefit shows - that kind of stuff.

I won't deny it's scary and I struggle with disappointment. But I have to keep believing in the project. I have to focus on making it happen as planned. Too many years have passed because of bumps in the road like this.

Today I am the little engine that could! The glass isn't even half full - it's overflowing! (hey, I'm trying)

Labels: ,

Comments on "Today's Mantra - Believe"

 

Blogger alphawoman said ... (3:41 AM) : 

And grants for women....

 

Blogger Donna said ... (4:43 AM) : 

The little engine that could! What memories that brings back. That was one of my favorite books as a small child. I think I'll see if I can find it on Ebay.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:18 AM) : 

Keep the momentum! Do something everyday that brings you closer to making it happen. Keep us posted.

Remo

 

Blogger Heather said ... (5:01 PM) : 

You can do it Trish! I have the faith! I am so excited for you :]

Belief is all in you.

 

post a comment