Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: pre-production

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 10, 2007

pre-production

I've been contemplating how to handle this blog and my myspace blog. This is my main blog but myspace hosts my music stuff. So, to avoid doubling up and reposting the same entries, I'm just going to post links to whichever blog entry gets posted first.

That said, if you're interested, I waxed on about pre-production of the album earlier.

I guess I can understand my gun-shyness now that I'm remembering my last experience in a recording "studio" (garage and closet with recording equipment strewn about). It was painful and I was deeply hurt.

If it weren't for the love and support from those in my life today, I may still be sitting around wondering what it "might've been like" to go forward with a project like this.

I know, it's still the pre-production stage but that's movement in itself.

I spent yesterday organizing song lyrics - realizing I lost computer copies when my previous computer crashed. It was another harsh realization when I couldn't remember lyrics to four different songs without having the guitar in my hands. It's often I'm on stage forgetting lyrics until it's time to actually open my mouth. Scary sometimes. Amazing other times.

So we'll be in LA for a few days this week. Fricken YAY! I miss home!

I'm hoping to get a few friends together for a living room preview of potential album songs. We'll do the same in New Hampshire when we return. Since I need to cut my song list in half, I'm looking for honest feedback from this mini-tour.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "pre-production"

 

Blogger Jay Cam said ... (4:59 AM) : 

sounds fun!

 

Blogger Jay Cam said ... (4:59 AM) : 

care to trade links? if you want to, post mine then contact me back and i'll post yours!

my link is http://jaysmoney.blogspot.com
thanks!

 

Blogger Heather said ... (3:30 PM) : 

how exciting!!
i am so happy for you!

:]

 

Anonymous justChuck said ... (9:46 PM) : 

Yo - cuz. iffn you're still in the neighborhood - i got me some pretty decent studio ears. yeah - gray hair and beard unbefitting of a "bad doooooood," but i can still hear. keep me in mind if you need to bounce any mixes or takes off someone close by.

 

post a comment