Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Summer 2007

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Summer 2007

It's been a long time since posting. Let's see if I can pick up where I left off.

The rest of July was spent sweating over finances, spending too much time and money on travel back to Los Angeles to take care of some house business that still isn't finished, getting bumped from a flight back to New Hampshire and missing an entire day's work because of delays. Thus sending me in a downward spiral in more financial debt and fear.

I went to my uncle's wake last weekend and saw at least fifty family members I hadn't seen in twenty years. Including many new family members almost grown enough to start families of their own. It was a beautiful day and the turn-out for my uncle was overwhelming. I don't know how his immediate family, my closest cousins and auntie, were holding themselves together. That "receiving line" is a lot to show up for. So emotional. I was exhausted just watching them.

I ached over not being able to go to Monday's funeral services. I wore all black to work.

Let's see, other things we've done in the last four weeks ... we hit the beach, went to a pool party, got our asses kicked in yard-volleyball - twice, and played hours upon hours of online boggle. We're on season 3 of our new favorite BBC Series. PBX has switched jobs, making her more available for PBX-Jr, school work, social events and actual sleep time. I am at the same job barely earning a living wage. I started with a new therapist out here. Don't ask. Or do. But I'd rather not get into it.

I've written new music and revamped old stuff. I started reading inspirational books again and I've checked out local yoga studios, the racquet club and this week I'm headed to the gym. Yoga is very expensive, the racquet club is very dirty and a little overpriced. We'll see how it goes at the gym.

The rest of this month is filled with plans - some tentative. dome definite. Today I'm getting my hair cut (finally). Then we're going to another pool party. We want to go to the Lakes Region for a little canoeing. I've gotten in touch with old friends. Having dinner and playing gigs with some. We'll head up to Maine to see a free Indigo Girls concert at LL Bean. Down to outer Boston for an extended family gathering. Then over to historic Salem for a friend's art opening. We've got to see Harry Potter. And somewhere, we want to fit camping into the mix. I am dying to see a moose.

That brings us into September when we'll head over to LA for another poorly timed quick trip. After that, who knows?

All in all, life is good. Tough, but good.

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "Summer 2007"

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Hey There! Glad to know things are going along well enough. Sorry about your Uncle. To have that kind of impact on the people you leave behind is inspiring.

P.S. A company similar to mine, in Boston, is looking for accounting type/capable peeps - all skill levels. I told them I knew a person or two in the area and would get the word out. If you know anyone who might be interested have them email me and I can give them more info and who to call.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 PM) : 

Hey girl,
Good to see you posting again. I too am sorry to hear about your uncle. My sympathy to you and your entire family. I know it sounds cliche'ish, but hang in there Trish. Relocating is a big enough stress as it is, but trying to work for less pay at a job where your heart-light no longer shines has to be very difficult. You are a songwriter and singer and a free-spirit. The old 9-5 (or in your case 8-4) just doesn't allow for the "freeness" that you love and are accustomed to. Keep writing, and going to open mics and being creative as much as you can. Hopefully this will offset the need for "the daily grind". Feel what you feel for as long as you need to feel it, do what you can to feel better, and realize that each step that you are taking right now is needed to get you back to the path that you so dearly love.
Hugs and love to you and the family,
RC

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 PM) : 

'Everything around me is electric now, ' Love Is Like A River, Nicks~
Peace, love, blessings, ms Bella Donna Lynn~
'Blue Lamp.' S. Nicks
Http://www.nicksfix.com
Check Out MySpace:
Http://www.myspace.com/msbelladonna
Check Out My Journal:
Http://journals.aol.com/autumnrain1268/LISTENTOTHERAIN
EMAIL's:
Autumnrain1268@sbcglobal.net
NightShade1268@yahoo.com
MY CARE2http://my.care2.com/belladonnalynn

 

Blogger Trish said ... (7:49 AM) : 

Hey Robbie, I'll spread the word about the job. That's cool. And yeah, the article about my uncle was beautifully inspiring wasn't it? Thanks. :)

RC - so right! I need to keep up the creativity to offset the other. I keep thinking it might make a bit of a difference if I could actually save some money while here. That was the whole point for me. It's just not that way in this job. Things may change. I'm looking into it. Thanks for your support.

 

post a comment