Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Keeping It Real

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Keeping It Real

I guess it's true - it doesn't matter where I am, issues will always catch up with me. Or in some cases, hunt me down and crash into me.

I haven't been sick (like, can't-get-out-of-bed-fatigue-fever-sick) in ages. Perhaps a few years. But I've been down for the count for two days now. I'm hardly sitting up and my wrists are warm with fever.

So I stayed home from work today. I can't remember the last time I called in sick somewhere. I really don't like doing that. Two reasons: I let work down and I let myself down. (It's a busy time at work and I don't get paid when I'm out.)

But I know my body. When my skin hurts and I can hardly keep my eyes open, I can't fight it. Just flushing it out. Fluids and Tylenol.

It's depressing. Gives me even more time to dwell on things. I'd much rather be busy.

It's possible that I've run myself into the ground these past couple of weeks. I started this new job but I've basically kept my regular bedtime (after midnight).

I did an open mic last week. That kept me up and out late. And when PBX works the dinner shift (waiting tables) it's typical for me to pick her up at midnight, since we share one car.

I plan on hitting a few more open mics. Most are during the week because these venues usually book gigs on weekends. So that will mean more late nights. I guess this is the life of a musician.

That was one of the main reasons I started dog walking. So I could sleep in and have more free time to be creative. Nice way to remember.

It's also a bit depressing to work all week and make half the pay I'm used to. I'm trying to stay positive. This whole experience is helping me put things into great perspective.

I just realized I used the word depressing more than once in this entry. At least I'm keeping it real.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Keeping It Real"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:33 PM) : 

Hey Girl,
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Sending hugs, love, and get well soon wishes to you. You just relax, let your body heal and things will work themselves out.
Feel better sweetie,
RC

 

Anonymous Bilal said ... (5:19 AM) : 

Journey-2-Peace is a great thiag ok.....

 

post a comment