Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Finally, A Job

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Finally, A Job

I'd love to say my blog-silence has been because of my busy, fun-filled schedule here in the sticks of New Hampshire. But that would be a lie. It's true that I have been busy -- with stress and fear -- job hunting!

It's been ages since I've had to do a job search. The last time I applied at temp agencies, I was hired on sight. The job market is tough. There are jobs but I'm either over-qualified or under-qualified. Like fricken Goldielocks looking for an employer who thinks my skills are juuuuust right.

Today was that golden day. I got a job.

Headed into the interview, I was worried about my nosering being a potential issue. But when I saw a nosering on the other woman in the office, I felt right at home. The other deciding factor for this employer was my baseball fandom status.

"Do you follow baseball?"

"Yes, and I'm a Red Sox fan."

"Well, then this part of the interview process is complete. Welcome aboard."

People are die-hard fans around here. You can't get tickets to see the Sox at home the way you can in LA to see either the Dodgers or the Angels. If you're not a season ticket holder, the only way you can see a live game is to scalp them in the parking lot. Or rent a helicopter I suppose.

His office was full of Red Sox paraphernalia -- framed photos, official baseballs, schedules and probably more than I even noticed.

There was a more "official" interview but I was offered the job before I left the office. He asked if I was available to start on Monday. I said I could start tomorrow. So there it is.

I start tomorrow.

What a huge difference it makes. My spirit is lighter. It's been a month (since we left LA) without income. That's a tough hit -- in the wallet and the heart.

I imagine it won't take long before I'm complaining about having to get up at 7am every day. But that's a complaint I'm looking forward to. :)

Labels: ,

Comments on "Finally, A Job"

 

Blogger Donna said ... (1:04 PM) : 

Congratulations on the job!

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (7:29 PM) : 

Awesome! I guess I can stop trying to think of something to write you that would be encouraging without telling you what you already know.

So when will you tell the guy that you are really a Dodgers fan?!? Ha ha ha

 

Blogger Trish said ... (2:51 AM) : 

Thanks you two.

Luckily the Dodgers are in a different league than the Sox. I've been holding out for an inter-league Boston-LA game for ages.

The Angels will be here in August...but I'll have to see them on tv like the rest of the slackers without season tickets. I saw tickets being sold for as much as $2000. Crazy!

 

Blogger alphawoman said ... (5:43 AM) : 

Congrats. Will there be office stories now?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:07 PM) : 

CONGRATS Girl!!! All the best to you on your new Job!!!
Hugs,
RC

 

post a comment