Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Still Out of Sorts

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Still Out of Sorts


Still no internet access at home. It's ready but the lines are crossed somewhere in the boonies. So they're scheduled to come out Tuesday to "uncross" the lines, or whatever it is they do to remove static.

So it's still all about an internet cafe for me. I've come to rely on the internet for just about everything -- from checking the day's weather to applying for work and everything in between. Instead of instant gratification, I'm writing things down that need to be done. I came here with a list. (pay bills, check email, update netflix queue, change address with the bank, etc.)

It's been a quiet weekend. As much as I love the idea of a holiday weekend, it's difficult to relax and enjoy the peace when I'm sitting on the edge of my seat regarding a job. I've applied with two temp agencies (because three others just don't have any work for anyone right now). I've applied with the state of New Hampshire, Easter Seals and two other facilities looking for entry level mental health workers and teachers. I've also put the word out to a friend who works with autistic children.

I'm doing the footwork. I'm eager to dive into something. It's too quiet around here. There's only so much shopping I can do. And I've been too tired to take long walks. Oh and don't get me started on the mosquitoes that love me on walks through open fields. Did I already mention it's tick season? Makes me shiver.

And I don't remember wasps and yellow jackets being this big when I was a kid. These buggers are way bigger than city bugs. We have ants in Los Angeles -- but they don't go crunch when stepped on. There are some tough critters in these here woods.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the adventure. Aside from a minor meltdown the other night that is.

I miss home like crazy. But I think I'd feel this way anywhere. It was time for a change and this temporary move is the perfect way to force me to make some internal changes. It's just ... difficult.

3400 miles from home. 15 miles outside of the (small) city. Two people with different schedules. One car. Makes for a fun challenge.

I guess that's about it for now. I need coffee.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Still Out of Sorts"

 

Blogger Donna said ... (3:59 PM) : 

But at least you took the plunge!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 PM) : 

Hey again Trish,
Glad you and the family made it safely. Sorry to hear about little Hunny and the porcupine but glad that she is ok. I wish you all the luck in the world with your move. Take your time to adjust. A job will come along. In the meantime, get accquainted with your new surroundings and get as comfortable as you can. I think it took a LOT of guts to leave L.A. and take on a new section of life. I admire you. Hang in there and know that you are thought of often.
Much love,
RC
P.S. Your last entry didn't come through for some reason but I hope that things are getting better even though it was titled still out of sorts.

 

Blogger Heather said ... (12:50 AM) : 

I'm glad that you guys are there safe & sound. Sometimes change is hard--For everyone involved, but maybe, just maybe, you will enjoy this change. I admire you guys, both of you--Leaving everything you know, love, and are comfortable with, to try again with family you've admittedly been "away from" for a long time. You are an inspiration, Trish. Just take the time to get to know them again, learn, and you will grow & flourish. And I'm here every step of the way :]


(and Tink sends kisses & hugs to all the animals!)

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Hey, it ain't so rural if you have access to an internet cafe. Right? The picture is beautiful too. Look at it this way, you'll probably appreciate LA all the more due to your experience there.

 

Blogger gigi said ... (10:03 PM) : 

I'm with Robbie. Think how much more you'll love LA (and us!) when you get back. :)

And there is beauty there. It hasn't found you yet, but it will. Give your mind and body time to adjust.

I remember all those nasty bugs. Say what they will about the west coast, we are made to suffer no bugs (of the insect variety). You'll be fine. Get some Deet and take a walk in those lovely woods. Peace will find you; it always does.

 

Blogger Trish said ... (7:46 AM) : 

A bit of a downer post. Things are looking up. Thanks for your support Donna.

RC, not sure what happened with this post for you but it shows up okay for me. Thanks for checking in and catching up - always nice to hear from you. :)

Heather, great reminders. Thanks for that.

So true Robbie, about an internet cafe. The guy who helped install our DSL lives in a town that doesn't even offer DSL or cable. So I'm counting my blessings.

Gigi - Say no to deet. I'm dealing better and better each day. I'll probably be laughing at these critters soon (let's hope). Makes for great story-telling and picture-taking.

 

Anonymous Michelle said ... (7:50 AM) : 

There are no bugs in LA? No mosquitoes, ticks? Seriously, if that's true, I am sooooooooo moving out west, lol. I could deal with earthquakes if I didn't have to deal with bugs or snow.

Welcome to my corner of the world... I'm going into NH tomorrow to visit the folks (try to go every week now that my Mom is sick). Actually couldn't move out west now... need to stay close to family too.

Yikes, on Hunny and the porcupine, poor girl... has she completely recovered?

Hey, though moving is out of the question, at the end of June I'll be flying out west. Going to Portland Oregon and then driving down to San Francisco.... So, looking forward to it. Will be checking out the bug situation, lol.

Peace out & a job will be coming your way soon, enjoy your adventure.

 

Blogger Trish said ... (8:08 AM) : 

Hi Michelle! There are bugs in LA. they're just way different. Around our house there are spiders and small wasps, bees and such. Small (tiny) ants, and of course, fleas.

Mosquitoes - very few. Black flies - I never see 'em. Carpenter ants - no way.

Sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts are with you.

Enjoy your travels out west. I've never been that far north. I hope to someday. I hear it's beautiful.

 

post a comment