Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Changes - episode six

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Changes - episode six

The only thing constant around here is change.

All my life I've viewed my work as just a job. And by work, I mean the kind that pays the bills. It hasn't really occurred to me that I could have a career. Probably because the only career acceptable to this little spitfire would have been an acting career. Of course, in order to have one of those, one must actually do some acting...on a regular basis.

I looked at a few psychology graduate programs about ten years ago but fell into dog walking while I was writing music and performing a few nights a week. It was perfect for me back then.

I've been a dog walker for ten years. This was supposed to be my temporary, transition job. You know, until I figured out what kind of career I really wanted.

As much as I love dogs, I'm burnt out. I need a break. I'm going to New Hampshire for a few months - possibly seven. I'm certain I won't be a dog walker there. This is the perfect opportunity to check out something completely different.

Today the psych-spark has been rekindled. I'm once again researching different graduate programs. It's been a long time coming. I've always wanted to go back to school. I have a meeting with one university next week. Finances would be the only thing to hold me back from this pursuit.

In the meantime, I'll be applying for jobs in the mental health field in New Hampshire. I have a BA. I can put it to use. I may take a refresher course while there too.

The excitement I feel about moving toward a career is new for me. Excited about a career? Never would've thought it could be true. Could it be because this kind of career speaks to me like no other? We'll see.

Apparently I can make a decision about something today and it is absolutely acceptable to change my mind about that decision tomorrow. Go figure. Learn something new every day.

So change. Yeah. It's difficult to imagine. But it's not so bad as things start to move.

Labels:

Comments on "Changes - episode six"

 

Blogger ChasingMoksha said ... (8:19 PM) : 

I don't understand. What about BMX, and your house and stuff and your cat and dog.

 

Blogger Trish said ... (8:31 PM) : 

We're all going to New Hampshire. Sorry. I'll add a link to a previous post that explains more. We're keeping the house. PBX (not BMX. lol) will still be in film school doing independent study. So we'll be back and forth. But definitely back for good by Jan 1st.

:)

 

post a comment