Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Weekend Recap

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Weekend Recap

We were scheduled to see a free movie screening Friday night but opted to join some colleagues for some delicious Indian food and interesting conversation. Just writing about it makes my mouth water for some gobi aloo or saag paneer. I shudder at spicy-hot food but Gate of India offered their dishes served-to-taste. Yum. I'm a sucker for some bland dal and basmati rice.

Spent a few hours weeding the walkway in the back yard. I'm so out of shape. Crouching, pulling, bending, tugging, digging, raking and clipping make for an achy lower back. When did this happen?

Finally watched Babel. While I truly enjoyed the film, I found it to be quite predictable. Just a few questions were left unanswered. Seems to be a trend this film season, as I found Children of Men to have more holes in its story than swiss cheese. But apparently, that's just me.

Maggie-May went home this weekend. After the initial power-struggle days, things really calmed down. We kept the dogs separated when we couldn't keep our eyes on them. It became an easy routine, just in time for her to go home.

Also in time for another dog to join our sleep-over camp for the week. Zoe arrived today. She's the sweetest and lowest-maintenance dog I've ever met. We adore her.

Gracie-kitty ran the streets while we were out the other night. We returned home to her greeting at the front gate - with the stench of initiation. As if all the neighborhood cats marked her as their territory. Reeeeek!

We bathed her immediately. Just as I announced how easy she was to bathe, she struck a claw through my index finger. That's right, through. There are two puncture marks - the entrance and exit. My fault for pulling away.

I'm not so sure she's still as fond of the shower anymore. But she's clean. The little hussy.

One of the dogs I walk daily had another seizure on Friday night. So to keep an eye on her and the other dog in their house, I've spent Saturday and Sunday night sitting with them. Literally dog-sitting. She's doing well.

I'm doing a ton of writing!

Can hardly wait to get home to watch The Amazing Race and The L Word. They automatically get recorded and it's pretty typical of us to watch them at a later date. I try to avoid reading blogs and news until I've watched the recorded shows.

I may have screwed up by doing a google blog search on Rob & Amber earlier tonight. It's my own fault. I'm watching the Fox Reality channel. Never heard of it, till now. There's a really bad fake reality show starring Rob & Amber, about the two of them moving to Vegas so Rob can pursue his dream of being a professional poker player. When I did the search, I think I may have hit a spoiler from tonight's Amazing Race. God, I hope I'm wrong. I closed the search window as quickly as I could. But still, it'll be in the back of my mind while watching later.

Daylight Savings Time is in full effect. Yay. But it was a hundred degrees today. Here we go!

I'm still craving Indian food.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Weekend Recap"

 

post a comment