Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Tecky Cell Phones

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 16, 2007

Tecky Cell Phones

So we switched cell phone services. Well, technically we're still with the old one until we activate our new phones.

I ordered two pink RAZR V3m V Cast Music Phones. I've done two paid reviews for wirefly.com. I liked what they have to offer. So I placed my order with them.

I wasn't clear about shipping times, dates and exactly what the "fine print" was so I sealed the deal by placing the order over the phone. It took a few phone conversations to get exactly what I wanted. Aside from a small bout of miscommunication, I found their phone customer service reps to be very helpful and eager to please.

Part of our two-year service plan and free phone offer included free Bluetooth headsets - one for each phone. Both of which are still sitting in their original boxes. I'm a clueless wonder on this one.

Wait. There's more.

So I charged the phones and didn't use them for the full 24 hours as recommended. I decided to program a few phone numbers into my new phone when I notice the keypad wasn't lighting up. It did once, for like a brief second, then nothing.

I checked the user's guide - including the Spanish version! Nothing. No troubleshooting suggestions.

I went to the other room to check the other phone and its keypad lit up like fireworks on the 4th of July. Bright and clear!

I called wirefly with my concern. They said, "Sorry for the inconvenience. We'll ship a brand new phone to you immediately." And they did.

The new phone arrived today and would you believe the keypad doesn't light up!!

Again, I checked the other phone -- and this time its keypad didn't light up either.

I was confused.

I thought it had to do with the service. Maybe it doesn't fully function until the phone is activated.

So I did a Google search with keywords: "keypad doesn't light up"

Apparently someone else had the same issue with their cute new RAZR V3m.

And apparently that someone felt just as dumb as this someone when they found out the phone has a light sensor. It is located above the right soft key button on the keypad.

Oh.

Yep. There it is. Looking right at me. So smug. Laughing at the silly woman who didn't have a techy clue.

Now, on to the activation phase of this week-long process. Once that's complete, we'll be on the IN Plan. So, I expect to hear from Cousin M.

For the record, the light sensor is not part of the diagram in the user guide.



Oh wait, wait. I may be mistaken. Let's take a closer look. If we zoom the image at 500% we can clearly see...




Yes! There it is. Clearly marked. Not sure how I could have missed it.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Tecky Cell Phones"

 

Blogger Heather said ... (12:17 AM) : 

Hopefully you won't have any trouble with your RAZR's. I have a few friends who hate theirs. I'm IN too :] Welcome to the best network EVERRRRR.

 

post a comment