Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Question - Best Personal Journal Software?

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Question - Best Personal Journal Software?

I've decided to take on the task of transcribing a lifetime of handwritten journals onto the computer. I've just begun researching the best, or most appropriate, computer software for the job.

My goal is to have it organized so that I can do a keyword search that will pull up all related entries. Similarly, I'd like to do a date search or an event search.

I've found a few software packages but they're mostly available via download only. I'd like a software disk - you know, in case anything happens to my hard drive. It's been the way of our computers lately. We've lost many programs because of faulty hard drives. Once you reformat, you lose everything, unless you have the disk to reinstall.

Anyway, blah.

Anyone have any good software suggestions?

I considered MS Word or Final Draft but I don't know if it can organize my files in the way I'd like. Thoughts?

The downloadable ones I found most intriguing:

Life Journal Software. Inexpensive. Not many reviews. Just this one. -- Oh wait -- Just found a link with the software on CD Rom.

Alpha Journal. Seems similar but I can't really tell. Screen shots aren't as dynamic as Life Journal but again, I can't really tell. About the same price.

NETime Diary. Not sure about the search functionality on this one.

The Journal. I like the search results page. Good screen shots.


All of these (and most downloadable ones) offer some kind of free trial. I suppose I could just download them all. Ugh.

I guess that's why I'm looking for your thoughts and user reviews.
Can you recommend a Personal Journal Software?

Thanks all.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Question - Best Personal Journal Software?"

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (8:05 AM) : 

Hey! You fixed the formatting! No overlapping. Yeah you!!

I checked out some journal software a while back and even downloaded one to give it a test but I came to the decision it would be easier to keep them in MSWord because I could see everything in one shot and if I wanted to search for a day or a word or whatnot, I could.

Let me know what you end up with and how you like it. :-)

 

Blogger Steven said ... (5:37 PM) : 

I don't know about offline Journaling software. From what you describe though I'd say Google docs might fit the ticket. http://docs.google.com/

All you need is gmail to log in and it's free :-)

 

Blogger aims said ... (6:36 AM) : 

(darn, I hope you haven't gotten this 12 times. for some reason, my comments aren't going thru) now... I can't remember what the flip I said. Grrr...

Something like, I don't know of a good program but if you happen to find one, let me know what it is.

I miss you! Sorry I haven't been around in a long time. I'm trying to get back into the blogging community.

Tons of hugs!

 

post a comment