Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: ppp - Free Quality Phones - ppp

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

ppp - Free Quality Phones - ppp

the following is a paid review

This one is perfectly timed. Ever since moving to the new house, we've had trouble with our cell phone reception. I'm tired of standing on my head in a corner of the kitchen just to hear the person I'm talking to.

My cell service is nearing the two-year mark (finally) and I've been researching new service. With our impending trip to NH this summer, we know we need to change services. Cingular just doesn't work well out there. There's also the issue of my physical cell phone. It's as old as my service and we all know how cell phones should get tossed every six months or so. Especially those cheap ones (like mine).

I've been lucky (blessed?) to have it last this long. I'm way overdue for an upgrade. What I'd really like to do is get a free cell phone with my new service. Like I did two years ago with this one. But the phone I got was bottom-of-the-barrell as far as quality goes. It does the bare minimum - makes phone calls and sends text messages. No phone, no internet access, etc. Plus, it shuts off randomly. And the battery doesn't hold a charge like it used to. I can't tell you how many days I've gotten in the car to see a low battery signal. Frustrating.

I want a good, high-quality phone with my new service. If they're getting two years out of me, the least they can do is give me a phone that will last as long as the service. Then I can consider renewing and upgrading at the same time.

That seems to be what wirefly.com can do for me. We're considering switching to Verizon since our families and friends all have that in NH. Wirefly is offering a free Razr phone with Verizon service. It's not like I'm a fan of that phone but I do know it's a good phone. It's not the only free phone offer either.

I don't know about the reception of T-Mobile in NH but I do like the Blackberry phone offer that comes with the service. I could blog from the road, read email, get directions and of course make actual phone calls too.

These are not cheap phones. And they don't suck. I don't know how they do it. But it seems to be better than going directly through the service provider.

Labels:

Comments on "ppp - Free Quality Phones - ppp"

 

Anonymous Cousin M said ... (2:49 AM) : 

Hey Cousin!

I have verizon and a razr phone (pink hmmm. I wonder why). I like both services here and when you come we will be on the in plan. Cousin M

 

post a comment