Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: The Gym

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Gym

I went to the gym with PBX last night. Did 35 minutes on an elliptical thingy.

It was hell.

I like the bike better because I can rest my sorry ass and use my legs to carry me through those rough patches.

I stretched and did some abs in another room while PBX continued pumping that vile machine. She did 60 minutes, burning over 600 calories.

I was lucky to burn the honey out of my tea.

I found a few upper body weight machines I've enjoyed in the past. Smart enough to remember not to overload them with weight. I hardly felt the pull last night. But I can definitely feel it today. My poor biceps.

What gym? The USC Campus Gym. Much different from other gyms I'm used to. Most of the cardio machines have their own television. All we have to do is bring our own headphones and we're set.

They offer racquetball courts too. We would've played but didn't have the 50cents to rent the racquets. Next time.

What did me in was my attempt at holding a perfect (not) handstand. Not sure what I was thinking -- except that handstands and headstands used to be part of my daily life as a kid - and during my regular yoga practice as an adult.

But, um, years ago.

I'm not as strong, flexible or balanced these days.

Gotta remember to build back up to that practice. Oh yeah, I guess that's why they call it a practice.

So, my final handstand was sweet. Held it for like three seconds. Strong. Firm. And then something in my brain died as I let myself flip over onto my back.

No worries though - my feet cushioned the fall for my lower back.

My head took the brunt of the fall for the upper body.

I'm not the little 12-year-old gymnast I used to be. I'm not even the little 32-year-old yogini I once was.

Onward.

Labels:

Comments on "The Gym"

 

Blogger Heather said ... (11:48 AM) : 

ha ha.
i'm glad that you enjoyed the gym :]

 

Blogger Trish said ... (12:49 PM) : 

I "hated it" so much I'm going back today. :D

 

Blogger gigi said ... (3:12 PM) : 

Yay you! Sounds like a cushy gym ~ figures, USC and all. Sweet.

Hate weights, love cardio (well, love in that hate kind of way, I mean ;) But I couldn't do a handstand on my best day ever (sometime around the age of 8, I believe.) Good for you! Breaking the fall with your head burns MORE calories! :)

 

post a comment