Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Blog Talkers

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Blog Talkers

In my quest for connecting with the blogging community, I missed Feline Friday again, I'm always forgetting about Wordless Wednesday, and I haven't been able to keep up with Monaco Music Mondays. I figure since I asked this week's question on Blog Talkers, the least I could do is participate.

The idea of Blog Talkers is that we (bloggers) submit questions. Each Sunday, one new question will be posted. We have the entire week to post answers in our own blog.

This week's question:
If you had to spend a year on a deserted island with any five bloggers, who would you choose and why?
One year. One deserted island. Five bloggers. And me. Damn, I'm really wishing Hunny had a blog right about now.

There are two possible answers to this question. The easy-cop-out answer. And the life-challenging, more difficult answer.

The easy answer: A sample of the old gang from AOL Journals.
Robbie and Gigi. Because we know we get along in person. Steven because of his resourcefulness and love of nature. Mary because of her incredible life stories. She survived Katrina. She can handle a little island-challenge. And of course PBX, for obvious (or not-so-obvious) reasons. Granated, she's not part of the old gang but she does have a blog.

The more difficult answer: Bloggers who have challenged my spirit.
I'm on this planet to grow. There are lessons I need to learn. Some strong personalities rub me the wrong way - hello mirror. Others intrigue me. Still a few are too unwell for me to voluntarily put myself in harm's way again. I've learned my lesson with those few. If I am to continue to grow and learn, I need to face reflection.

For this part of the challenge, I choose SloMo for abandoning her journal and our friendship. Aileen for the same reasons. Kathleen for being the first to burst my peace-bubble, still speak her truth when attacked by the peace-army and then make amends a year later without compromising our self-ness. John Scalzi so I can get the scoop on how things really went down with AOL-J. Finally, Anonymous for all the cowardly attacks (you know who you are). I'd say PBX for abandoning her blog too, but that'd be cheating.

What about you? With which five bloggers would you choose to spend a year on a deserted island?

Labels: ,

Comments on "Blog Talkers"

 

Blogger JScalzi said ... (12:12 PM) : 

"John Scalzi so I can get the scoop on how things really went down with AOL-J."

It's really uncomplicated, actually. Someone at AOL did something stupid (i.e., instituting ads on AOL Journals without giving me or Joe any time to do anything about it), and then Joe and I were left to handle lots of surprised, freaked out and offended AOL Journalers.

It'd be a better story if there were something nefarious to it, but it was just corporate stupidity.

 

Blogger Heather said ... (7:37 PM) : 

Good entry.
I love your approach to this.
:] ♥

 

Blogger Steven said ... (8:04 PM) : 

There would need to be lizards on the island :-)

Yeah, Slomo. I sorta formed the impression one of the reasons she stopped blogging was due to the B.P refinery explosion. One of her relatives was injured in that. Hyper-aggressive litigation. Most of the lawsuits are mostly settled now. I sometimes think about her when I'm driving around parts of town she used to mention. Ghost.

 

Blogger Remo said ... (10:30 PM) : 

That's a tough question. I'm still stuck in AOL mostly, but I'd actually pick a group of folks NOT like me. Variety is the spice of life and if we're all stuck on an island for a year eating lizards, we're gonna need something to flavor the conversations. It's only a year anyways. I'd probably get sent to my cave on a regular basis.

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (8:13 AM) : 

Sorry it took me so long to post a comment. I was busy hunting down blogs of people with engineering skills because one of my people would definitely have to be able to build a raft. :-)

For those missing Slomo, I've found (Thanks to Donna) a comparable blogger. There's no one like Slo...but this woman is good.

http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/confessions_of_a_pioneer_/

 

Blogger alphawoman said ... (4:01 PM) : 

That would be some party going on that island. Thank you for including me with such good company. you know I miss Slomo. The Pioneer Woman is good...but no Slomo.

 

Blogger gigi said ... (3:24 PM) : 

Thank you for bringing me along on your Survivor: 5 Bloggers Island! I love it that I'm included, and it sounds like a blast. But...

There will be lizards? Why will there be lizards? See, there is nothing about lizards in my stranded-on-a-desert-island-with-5-bloggers contract. I'm bringing a foodie blogger. And some pharmaceuticals.

'Cause if we're eatin' lizards, I will be very challenging company indeed.

 

post a comment