Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Barham Fire

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Barham Fire

View of the Barham Fire through the windshield, driving down my street.



View of the Barham Fire standing in front of my house.

That was sometime between 2 and 3 pm today, when they said it was 30 acres wide. By 4pm the fire had demolished 150 acres. In Griffith Park - close to the Hollywood sign, Warner Brothers Studios, Universal Studios and Forest Lawn Cemetery.

To add a little more perspective, I live fifteen miles away from the blaze. Not even close. And it still seems massive.

It was an extremely dry winter. I imagine this is just a taste of what's to come.

LA Times has amazing photos!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Barham Fire"

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (8:58 AM) : 

Holy Cow! I live oh so close to that. I didn't even know! I had stayed home all day yesterday and didn't go outside because I wasn't feeling well. Sinuses, or something. And, it's no wonder with the winds and now this! Yikes!

Cool Pic. Too bad I didn't get it from this side. :-)

 

post a comment