Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Anxiety and Remembering

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Anxiety and Remembering

Whew

I'm feeling anxious today.

I had this conscious thought last night about anxiety. What was it? Oh right. I was feeling anxious (surprise) and wondered why it was I felt so anxious.

I don't remember feeling this way in my younger years. Perhaps it's because I don't remember feeling so much.

That wasn't the conscious thought.

This was: I was able to tell myself that events are going to happen in life whether I'm anxious or not. So why not just choose to relax, walk the path and cut out the middle-man?

Anxiety isn't the path.
It's extra baggage.
I'm going that way anyway.

If only it were as simple as that.
I mean, it is. But it isn't.

Anxiety is cellular. Not always a conscious choice.

Remembering that I'm reacting and allowing the ease of breath during the remembering should help retrain my body.

So, as I sit here pondering anxiety, I'm noticing my heightened anxiety.
Something deeper.
Something underlying.
Something keeps me
from remembering
that I'm okay.

Even for that split second. It's there. I notice it. And it affects my whole being.

How I feel about myself, how I will choose to care for myself, all depend on my remembering.

Remembering to breathe.
Remembering that this too shall pass.
Remembering that everything is temporary.
Remembering that no matter how much money is in the bank,
how much love is in my life,
how much love I have to give,
how much fear rests unsettled in me,
how much hate is around me,

I am still okay.

... there it is ...

remember
remember
remember

It's a constant need for remembering

Labels:

Comments on "Anxiety and Remembering"

 

Blogger Heather said ... (10:54 AM) : 

i loved this post.
you wrote it so well.

 

post a comment