Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Yay for Feedback

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Yay for Feedback

So far both Donna and Robbie mentioned their strong feelings (hate) against my payperpost reviews. That's exactly what I need - honest feedback. Thank you!

I completely understand - because they seem to clutter my space.

This is how I justify it: The ads and paid reviews help pay for things that allow me to keep blogging - including my computer upkeep. I'm saving for more RAM. In two months I've made $140. I used most of it to cover bills this week - as one of my clients is on vacation, leaving me short income. Very handy. I paid for my website transfer also.

My favorite of all ads are from Amazon. The ones on the right sidebar are personally chosen by me - books and movies I enjoy. If you click/buy from those ads or the Amazon search window, I receive a percentage of the sale. I figure, if you're gonna buy it anyway, why not help a fellow blogger out. I encourage everyone to do the Amazon Associates thing.

I've been very particular about what kinds of ads and services I choose to promote. Especially when it comes to payperpost. There are hundreds I refuse to review. There have been quite a few I've started and deleted. I do my research - and I encourage you to do yours. I mostly choose opportunities that request neutral feedback. That allows me to criticize a website's service or product. And I still get paid.

Mostly -- I make sure to put the term "ppp" at the beginning and end of the title of those paid reviews. Like Donna does, SKIP THEM! I try to make it clear that they are ads. Even though I write honest reviews (and I've found some great sites in the process!) I understand that they are still viewed as advertisements. But at least I'm in control of the content. That's most important to me.

One other positive aspect of the paid reviews (for me) is that I will almost always post a personal blog entry immediately following a paid review. It encourages me to write more regularly -- something I enjoy -- you know, the whole reason we're here in the first place.

So, I'm sorry for the clutter. I'm doing my best to clean everything up so it's less cumbersome. I support Google, Firefox and Amazon personally, so I've chosen them as "sponsors" of this blog. At least until I figure something else out.

Please continue giving me your honest feedback. It's what makes a great community -- something I've been missing since the whole exodus-thing.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Yay for Feedback"

 

Blogger Steven said ... (1:03 PM) : 

I don't mind your use of payperpost as long as they pay you for what you've blogged for them.

 

Blogger Trish said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Steven - cool. thanks for your support.

 

Blogger MzAmy said ... (9:49 PM) : 

ooh, I forgot to leave my comment about the payperpost.

I will have to say, at first I was like...I thought she left journals because of all AD's? but, I read through your posts and realize, your getting some money out of it. and if you get high traffic here, then I guess it is a good side adventure for getting some mooolah.
which I so understand!
So, do what you need to do lady.
it is cluttering up your creative space with hard finacial lines of
AD's...but, I do understand.
and you are after all, in charge of what AD's you want here.

all good.

 

post a comment