Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Viewing J2P

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Viewing J2P

For those of you who read my blog through Internet Explorer, I apologize for the weird display (thanks Gi for pointing it out). I see that the entire body of text is linked and it shouldn't be. I also see that the sidebars run off the pages. Alignment issues.

When it comes to templates and coding, I only know what I've experimented with. I can't figure out how to un-link the post text. And I don't know how to fix the alignment in the sidebars. If I fix everything for IE then it throws it all off for Firefox. And I've been viewing everything through Firefox because that's what I'm comfortable with.

Any suggestions will help. Thanks. For now, I'm sorry for the sloppiness in Explorer. I'm working on it.

If you'd like to view this blog the way it's meant to be seen, please click here to download the Firefox web browser with the Google Toolbar. If you haven't used Firefox, you don't know what you're missing. Once you know, you won't want to do without it. That's how I feel anyway.

And NO, they're not paying me to say this stuff. I personally support Firefox and Google.

but you can get paid $7.50 to review this post

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Viewing J2P"

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (7:39 PM) : 

I tried to do a screen capture for you a while back because it also depends on the screen size or something cause it depends where I'm at when I look in here how out of whack it is...yet another reason I've been viewing through Bloglines.

I think it has to do with floating something or another. Ask Steven or Shelly. They know everything.
:-)

 

Blogger Steven said ... (8:54 PM) : 

Ok. I know why your posts are turning into links. You are missing a closing HTML tag to create a hyperlink [/a] on the post title portion of your template.

Look for this in your template.
-- start .post --

Below that is something that should sorta look like this:

a href=" $BlogItemURL$ "
/BlogItemURL
$BlogItemTitle$ [/a]

Right after the $BlogItemTitle$ bit is where you are missing the closing tag. Once you make the hyperlink code complete it will be contained to just your post title in IE.

The alignment on the sidebars is an issue with your CSS. It's an unordered list and those can behave oddly between browsers. One item I did notice was the padding.

.side ul {
margin: 0 0 .25em
font-size: 50%;
line-height: .2em;
padding: 0px 0px 0px 10px;

Try changing that 10px to 0px or 2px. View in IE and Firefox and see how the change affects (or not) the space. Change it back if there is no effect. It might not do anything at all as you have an several unordered lists and all of them have various CSS IDs and classes assigned but no declarations.

 

Blogger Steven said ... (9:05 PM) : 

If there was no effect on the padding change, try changing the margin value.

.side ul {
margin: 0 0 .25em
font-size: 50%;
line-height: .2em;
padding: 0px 0px 0px 10px;

Change to this:

.side ul {
margin: 0px 0px 0px 2px;
font-size: 50%;
line-height: .2em;
padding: 0px 0px 0px 10px;

Drops the "em" measurement and keeps everything in pixels. I'm pretty sure you can clear this one up but it might take a few tries with the margin value and the padding value.

 

Blogger Trish said ... (9:37 PM) : 

Robbie - yup, Steven's the man! Thanks Steven - you're a genius. Still some minor things to tweak but you really nailed the coding thing (of course!)

Seems to be easier to read in IE now. Let me know if you notice anything else that's glitchy.

Thanks again! :)

 

Blogger JCM said ... (10:35 PM) : 

I use Opera and Safari (cue eyerolling and "snob" comments), works just fine.

You have lovely eyes, BTW.

 

Blogger Mike Perry said ... (8:04 AM) : 

Your blog looks just fine to me and, more importantly, a good read as well. See that you are doing okay with PayPerPost, most interesting.
Good luck,
Mike.

 

Blogger gigi said ... (12:01 PM) : 

It looks perfect now.

 

Blogger Steven said ... (8:40 PM) : 

Yay, me! The one little issue in I.E. I still see is there is something wrong with the code you have from Revver. I see the vid thumbs in Firefox but not in I.E. You might wanna try just grabbing that code off Revver again. Most often the copy and paste stuff is clean across browsers so something might have gotten corrupted as you transfered it.

Glad you got through my instructions :-) Was a bit wordy.

 

post a comment