Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Survivor Fiji

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Survivor Fiji

Whoa! It's that time again already! If I hadn't turned the tv on for background entertainment, I might have missed finding out that a new season of Survivor starts this Thursday. I went to the website to check out the new castaways. I didn't count but it seemed that maybe half reside in California. Many of them right around here in LA. What about the rest of the country? It also seems that only 3 are over 50. There's only one in her forties. A few 30-somethings. And the remaining hotties are in their 20s.

I would love to see this game played by all over forty. Most of these reality shows have an age limit (particularly American Idol. I'm ancient in their contestant-world. Ironically, all of the judges are older than me!)

Anyway, let's give something to the forty-plus crowd. Imagine how a game like Survivor would be played by parents of adult children, business owners, career-folks, working-class - people with more time on this planet than those with a foot still in the nest. I think it would be totally interesting.

I imagine (sadly) the network would lose their prime demographic if they actually ventured out of their own little box. What about a trial season then? I dunno. I'd watch it.

I'd watch American Idol too, if they did away with that one age rule. But I suppose I'm like the only non-AI-watcher on the planet. I have to admit, I've watched seasons past and enjoyed much of them. So I'm not anti-AI. I may even watch a few episodes this season. I just don't go out of my way to watch it.

Anyway, Survivor. Thursday. Yay.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Survivor Fiji"

 

Blogger alphawoman said ... (3:12 AM) : 

I'm looking forward to Survivor return also! Yay! I have noticed for sometime that Survivor has been going after the beautiful people angle. Oh well....in the beginning they were most interesting and the people were not model material then.

 

post a comment