Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Sentimental Journey

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Sentimental Journey

I've been reading over some older blog posts from back when they were called journal entries. I miss the old community more than I realized.

Where is everybody?

We were all so displaced back when the blog platform bombed our neighborhoods (by placing flashing banner ads atop our paid journals).

You know, I'm still a teeny tiny bit bitter about that. Even when I go to my old stomping grounds and see the banner ad, it's not nearly as obtrusive as the tacky grammatically inaccurate disclaimer they haphazardly posted under the ads. It's embarrassing.

I mind it much less today because I no longer pay for the service. It's just there. Free as can be. Now they have the "right" to tag our pages however they see fit.

That was my reason for switching to Blogger oh-so-long-ago. We don't pay for this service and Blogger has never (yet) imposed any of their advertising onto our pages. We promote Blogger because they provide us with an incredible (free) platform to express ourselves to the world (or to a few hundred people a day).

My nostalgia has been part of my desire for template changes in here. Things are going slower than slow in that department. I just don't know what I'm doing, so it makes it more difficult to make the changes I want. I can see it all in my head -- but that's about as far as I get.

Colors will change again. I'm looking forward to my signature-orange-ish-ness.

More later.

It's all part of the process.

Labels:

Comments on "Sentimental Journey"

 

Blogger alphawoman said ... (6:34 PM) : 

Recently I was looking for something over in AOL-J land and going through the search thing and landed on the 2004 Hall of Fame Jnl for the celebration of one year! It was so much fun looking at all the names that at one time were so familiar. I was Jnl #75! You were Jnl #77! Think of all the thousands and thousands of jnl's in that community and we were in the first 100. So cool. I miss it also.

 

Blogger Donna said ... (6:37 PM) : 

I'm still on AOL, because I have so many faithful readers there. I have a journal on blogspot too, but my main one will always be on AOL until they go belly-up. I didn't get 100,000 hits there for nothing. I feel I owe it to my AOL readers to keep on keeping on.

I never had all that anger that some expressed when some of you left AOL, and I read many of your blogs. I only feel some sadness at our loss.

 

Blogger alphawoman said ... (6:38 PM) : 

I just went back and snuck another peek....Slomo was #76. Now that is some awesome line up!

 

Blogger Steven said ... (8:58 PM) : 

I miss the old community sometimes and sometimes I don't miss it all. I feel like I'm in a much better place with my blog, my photos and my photography now than I did when I was journaling on AOL.

I've pretty much made my peace with AOL, the service. I've accepted that some Journalers won't ever visit me because I left. A fair percentage of my readers now have no idea what the AOL Journal experience was. I'm not the best to explain.

I still follow lots of those who stayed and those who left. The web is distracting place and I'm one to wander. My sense of community is spread out across several services now. I think it's for the best.

I don't think I could ever place all my eggs into one company's basket ever again. Too damn painful when they drop it.

 

Blogger Remo said ... (6:25 AM) : 

Sometimes it seems like a ghost town around here. I just hate having to log-in to a bunch of different services to say hello at each site.

"Walking the Mile..."

 

Blogger Kathy said ... (2:53 PM) : 

Come back to J-land. They have changed so much with our Journals. I keep trying to keep an updated journal on blogger but I am so used to AOL and know how to use it so much better.
If you decide to come back let me know.

 

Blogger Trish said ... (4:36 PM) : 

Wow Mary. I don't even know if I've visited the AOL-J Hall of Fame. I'm gonna have to check it out. I totally miss those days. And SloMo. Yeah, what a lineup!

Donna, I completely understand. If AOL-J works for you, then have at it. It won't stop me from visiting. I just don't feel right about using the platform to blog.

Steven, Seems true that we lost a lot of readers from the community when we left. Very sad. But I remember when it was good, it was great. You know? I didn't venture beyond the Walls of AOL-J. I'm glad I did. I just miss what we had. I'm glad to still have these close connections though. :)

Remo, I remember feeling that way when I was with AOL-J. It was easy to read and comment without the hassle of logging in elsewhere. Where's your link by the way? I have to hunt you down every time. The least you could do is put it in your blogger profile! ;)


Kathy, I think the only way I would come back to AOL-J is if I mirrored this blog. It's a possibility. I won't ever pay for AOL again. But even using their platform makes me shiver. Still processing.

 

post a comment