Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: The sell-out Debate

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

The sell-out Debate

I got this inquisitive comment from new J2P visitor, Cranky Monkey (love that name, by the way.)
I like the layout of your blog, but don’t you feel like a bit of a sellout though doing mostly PPP blog postings? I recently signed up and have only done three so far, but I feel I might loose a certain level of creditability by doing the paid advertisements more.
First things first - Thank you CM for the compliment on my blog's layout. I appreciate reading that.

Now, on to the more important issue.

I have mixed feelings about the paid reviews I've been doing in J2P.

If I were independently wealthy I could sit here and blog all day, ad-free. But alas, I'm not. I'm a working-class gal trying to make ends meet. The added income from payperpost has allowed me to take care of a few things that had previously been sitting on the back-burner.

Here's how I see it.

For every paid post I write, I have to write a non-paid post. This is what has helped inspire me to write on a more regular basis. It has been partly through my involvement with payperpost that I've rediscovered the joy of daily blogging.

I try to view payperpost opportunities as "topic suggestions" -- in that, it encourages me to write about something I may not have thought of myself. Whatever the topic, the content is always truthful and in the J2P spirit.

There are some things you will never see supported in J2P, because I will never personally support them. Namely services, products or groups that I believe promote intolerance, violence or discrimination.

That's the thing about payperpost - I am in total control. I choose the topic and I write the content.

So no, I don't feel like a sell-out because everything I post is in my own words. My style. My honest opinion.

Another factor is that PPP pays the most. When I find something more exciting, with better opportunities, that pays more, I might reconsider my choice to be a Postie. For now though, the paid reviews will stay. I'm interested in upgrading my computer so I can continue to blog through the century, and ad revenue will help me do that.

I hope that answers your question CM. But hey, I'm just one person. Do what works best for you.

This goes for every blogger - If you don't feel right about the content in your blog, it will show in your posts. If you believe in your words, trust your gut and enjoy the blogging experience, it will show and you will shine.

Thanks for reading. Peace.



try PPP for yourself. click this button and get paid $7.50 to review my post.

Labels: ,

Comments on "The sell-out Debate"

 

Anonymous azrin said ... (10:54 AM) : 

Good to see you have a side-income.
But I would just take those amazon or Google off cos they don't pay much as some programs which are...worth your time!

Good luck my friend

 

Blogger CM said ... (10:03 AM) : 

As long as you can legitimately support the product and balance it out with other posting, you’ve got my support…. Because I’m sure an endorsement from me, was totally at the top of your, wish to have list..

 

post a comment