Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: More Coding Help!

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

More Coding Help!

I'm spending way too much time on this.

Does anyone (Steven?) know how to set the fonts in my blog template so they will actually look the way I want them to???

I want the links in my sidebar to be Trebuchet MS (normal, not bold)

I want text in my sidebar to be Verdana (like it appears now, i think)

I want the text in my posts to be Verdana (like this?)

And I want a completely different font all together for my blog title! (fyi: that ain't it)

The other thing I'm focusing on is the new blogger's templates. I like the ease of them, but I want a left and right sidebar like I have now (not offered by blogger).

Anyway, just thought I'd put it out there. These bold verdana links surrounding my posts are suffocating me. ;)

Thanks folks.

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "More Coding Help!"

 

Blogger Steven said ... (6:21 PM) : 

Need to teach you how to fish. First up your links in bold:

Look for this:
a {
font-weight: bold;
color: #664E38;
text-decoration: none;

Change to:
a {
font-weight: normal;
color: #664E38;
text-decoration: none;

That will take care of bold. Font-weight is the CSS for that.

Now with fonts... This is the teaching you how to fish bit. Look at this website:
http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_font.asp

You'll see the font weight part that is in your link code. You'll also see how to format fonts. You should be able to set the font for your title and posts. A little CSS learning will take you far and that is a great website as it's got copy and paste examples.

There is a three column hack for new blogger templates. Not sure where I found that. Shelly might know.

Upgrading to new Blogger would sort out a bunch CSS issues I see in your template simply by zeroing out all the mods and in effect starting over. I'm on new Blogger and you can tweak the heck outa the CSS just like you can on old Blogger so what you learn is not lost.

 

post a comment