Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Metacafe

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Metacafe

Learning as I go.

A few months ago I uploaded two of my live performance videos to the Revver site. (no link because the site takes too long to load). My videos were watched a few times by friends and family, and I've made about six bucks from those of you who actually clicked the attached ads - which means, you actually watched the entire video. (thanks guys!)

So today, during my blog-jog, Mike, wrote about Metacafe, another video sharing website. After a little link-hopping, it seemed like a good idea to at least check it out.

I have no information other than this: my videos were viewed more times in one hour on Metacafe than they have been the entire time they've been sitting on revver. The number of views keeps rising and I haven't done a lick of promotion (well, till now).

Metacafe's pages load way faster and the site is much more user friendly than Revver. (Revver is so damn slow. I avoid it at all costs. Not good for business.)

So far, two of my three music videos have been approved as a Producer Rewards Candidate. What's that you ask? Basically it means folks are watching, rating and liking my videos. And yes, after so many views, I stand to earn some money.

I'm about to check if there's a video widget for my sidebar. That other one is the last to load on J2P and slows things down around here.

I'll upload three more videos from that night of performance. For now please Watch and Rate the few that are there:

I'M WITH YOU
CAN'T GO BACK
HIPPY DIPPY

I'll certainly keep you posted on the status of this site.

Thanks all. Peace.

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Metacafe"

 

Anonymous Talia Klein - Metacafe Community Manager said ... (3:39 AM) : 

Hi Trish,

I'm happy you're pleased with Metacafe!

I just wanted you to know that videos automatically get the Candidate banner when you enter the program.

I've watched one of your videos (unfortunately, I don't have time to watch many videos at all these days!) and I hope to see you post more. Also, you don't have to post the links in your blog - you can embed them and the views will still count!

If you have any questions or want to get to know other producers, you can come visit us on the Metacafe forums as well (http://forums.metacafe.com).

We have a pretty hoppin' community there. :-)

Good luck with all your videos!

Talia Klein,
Metacafe Community Manager

 

Blogger Trish said ... (11:23 AM) : 

Hi Talia. I've read the message boards. I've seen some very disappointing information. I can only hope my vid won't get bumped when it reaches the 20,000 mark like many others. I'm learning it doesn't get reviewed until then.

Like I said, we'll see. This is new to me.

Thanks for reading my post - I wonder, did you read the part about me looking for widgets for my sidebar? That was my reason for visiting the forums. I haven't found any info. If you have widgets for our blogs and websites, please post. Thank you.

 

post a comment