Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Fun and Useful Info for Bloggers

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Fun and Useful Info for Bloggers

So much - I almost don't know where to begin!

I spent all day Sunday exploring the web for fun, new ways to build readership. One link lead to another and after midnight I was cross-eyed on information overload.

To top it off, I was PayPerPost's Blog of the Day yesterday - so my hit counter was off the charts. A fun little surprise - right in the middle of "fighting" with them about approval/rejected turn-around time. It's still unfinished - even though the Customer Love department believes they have answered my question a hundred times over. More on that later.

Today, here's some fun and useful information for those interested in building readership (actual readership - not just random one-time hits) and one little bonus of increasing your paypal account on a daily basis.

MYLOT - A forum for all. Sign up, create a profile, list all of your interests in subcategories, post discussions, join discussions, refer others and (get this) get paid for all parts of your participation. I refer you and get paid. You refer others and we both get paid. You join discussions and get paid. I'm finding that I just like the discussions. The payment is a total bonus (twenty cents a day adds up).

Blog Advance - Mary, resident HippieGypsy, had this interesting badge on her sidebar. It led me to a multitude of blogs and information about building community and making a little extra cash while doing what we love. I'm still exploring but I do like the Manual Surf option. Every 30 seconds or so I click over to a new blog. Some blogs have been very informative. I think it was through Blog Advance that I found StumbleUpon.

StumbleUpon - Almost like a search engine but possibly better. Download the toolbar, click "stumble" and view websites and blogs that pertain to your interests. Rate, save and share the ones you like. The more you rate (+ or -) the better the tool will work for you. Find sites pertaining to your interests and discard those of no interest to you. Share lists with friends, etc. Again, I'm brand new to this service. Still learning all it has to offer.

RateMyBlog - Seems to be fairly new. This gentleman found me through myLot and I like what he's doing. It's a community site - a place to review your favorite blogs. Sign up and review your own blog then ask folks to review your blog and watch it grow. Better than link-sharing. I can see this one skyrocketing. A growing database with that very blog you're looking for. Reminds me of when I do a product search. I skip right down to the user reviews. I hardly ever read manufacturers information anymore. It's all propaganda. The best advertising is word-of-mouth. I'm way more likely to listen to a peer's recommendation.

There you have it. That's what I've discovered so far. Still learning and having fun. I'll keep you posted.

Don't forget - you can earn $7.50 if you click the button and review this post.


Thanks to those who have joined me in this venture. The community is great! Peace all.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Fun and Useful Info for Bloggers"

 

Blogger alphawoman said ... (8:45 AM) : 

I find it is much harder to connect than it was at our old Home...oh well. I learned some new things while reading this! I'm going to them out. I think the PPP is a great idea. I signed up to do it but it rejected me! Damn them! I think it had something to do with me not having a Technorati profile at the time.

 

Blogger Trish said ... (8:52 AM) : 

I'm shocked to hear ppp rejected your blog. You post regularly, you get more traffic than me, your blog is the same age as mine. Let's hope it's the technorati thing. Did you create one? Can you resubmit your blog? I think you can keep trying.

I hope they didn't reject you because of the heat I'm putting on them about lag-time between approved/rejected posts.

Keep me updated! We want you in. You would sooooooo benefit from ppp (and they would benefit by having you on board)

 

post a comment