Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Windy!

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Windy!

I suppose last night and today will be a good test to see how well our Dish Network holds out in extreme winds. We had a few nights of rain and winds earlier in the season but they didn't affect our reception. I didn't even know it had rained till the following mornings. But last night, the strange sounds of howling woke me out of my blissful slumber.

This morning there are palm leaves strewn about the streets and yards are filled with blown brush. It's so cold, it chaps my cheeks. Ought to make for fun dog walking today. Brrrr.

One year I house sat for six weeks for a guy who had DirectTV. That was constantly being knocked out. He even had a remote control for the satellite dish. No matter what the angle, there was never good reception. Reminded me of bunny ears on a black & white TV in my early life. I didn't watch much TV while house sitting. I entertained myself with DVDs, the Internet, tarot cards and The Artist's Way. Good times...ish.

I'll see if I can get some video footage of the strong winds while I'm out today. Sometimes it's so overwhelming with all the dogs, that I have to leave my camera in the car. But maybe as I'm walking to/from houses I can grab a few seconds.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Windy!"

 

post a comment