Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Christmas Gift Swap

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Christmas Gift Swap

This Christmas was the first time in 14 years I was seeing my folks for the holidays. I don't really know much about them anymore but I wanted to give gifts that I thought they might be able to use, based on what I do know - and what I once knew.

My mom has Lupus. I was looking for a natural hand or body cream that could soothe her aches. I didn't find exactly what I was looking for but I gave her a gift set of lotions and creams with Shea butter. If anything, it's therapeutic to rub on the hands.

My dad was always a big chess player. Computer chess at the table every morning and evening. I figured he already had everything-chess so I thought maybe the new Sudoku craze might be his thing. Plus it's numbers and he was the math-homework-helper. I gave him a paperback book of hundreds of Sudoku puzzles to keep him busy in between rounds of chess.

So there we were, Christmas morning, opening gifts and apparently Sudoku is my mom's new favorite pastime. And my dad's the one with the cracked, weathered hands. I'm pretty sure both gifts will be put to good use - I just had it backwards.

All that to say, I think I'm hooked on Sudoku. Especially Sudoku Daily on Yahoo. The meditative background music is enough to keep me coming back each day. Sometimes I open the page just for the music. I keep it playing in the background while I'm writing. (like now)

Labels: ,

Comments on "Christmas Gift Swap"

 

post a comment