Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Choosing My Battles

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Choosing My Battles

There's gotta be a better way.

As I reevaluate the ethics of my blogging, I am once again challenged with a puzzle. Recently I was frustrated to have one of my payperpost reviews rejected after it had been posted for seven days. I wrote to payperpost regarding their business practices - suggesting a 24-48 hour turnaround to make things fair for all involved. I never heard back from them.

I also wrote to them regarding trouble I had trying to post a recent review. I spent two hours researching, writing, posting, deleting, changing links - and still, the site refused my entry as is, saying I had missing links (which I didn't). This issue never got resolved so the review never got posted and I wasted valuable time. I still haven't heard back from payperpost.

Today I received a rejection notice on a review I posted THIRTY DAYS AGO. The rejection claims to have been because of "font size." Bullshit! There were no restrictions regarding font size when I accepted the opportunity. All guidelines and expectations are listed when we accept an opportunity.

Plus, it's an advertisement. It's my practice to make a distinguishing difference. But even more than that -- this falls under my original complaint of getting approval/rejection within a timely manner. Thirty days is nothing close to timely. It's blatant STEALING. Abuse of payperpost's services. And payperpost ALLOWS this. Therefore, they've stolen from me.

I've written to support@payperpost.com yet again. Still with ZERO RESPONSE.

It was the final straw for me. I wrote to the Better Business Bureau outlining my complaints. The BBB had no information on PPP prior to this morning.

If PPP would just reply to me - even if to say, "your email has been received," I might have taken a different route. I want PPP to succeed. But only ethically. And I only want my blog to be involved in ethical business practices.

Still, I've gotten paid for past approved reviews. I continue to accept opportunities. I believe payperpost could be a very good thing - and it is most of the time. I'm just choosing my battles. Now, if they stop paying me for approved posts, my passive-activism may take a different stance.

Come on payperpost - I want to hear from you!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Choosing My Battles"

 

post a comment