Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Another Film Shoot

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Another Film Shoot

I lost a day somewhere.

It never fails - especially as I get older. I worked on the set of another grad student film. When the clock passes midnight, I tend to lose track of calendar days. This time it was only a 2-day shoot.

Every year Coke holds a contest for grad film students throughout the nation. Ten directors are chosen to make a 50-second spot. Out of the ten commercials submitted, only one will win the prize of being featured in movie theaters across the country for a year. I don't know the exact details. This is how it was explained to me.

Either way, it's good experience, looks great on a resume and has the potential to open doors to other opportunities. And the best part - it's over. You know me, I'm a wimp when it comes to long hours on a film set.

It helped that the crew started at noon but because it was on Monday and Tuesday - and I had to work (dog walking). So I got to stroll in later. Still, I had to pick up dinner and coffee the first day. Thanks to traffic, it took me 1.5 hours to barely arrive on time for their 6pm dinner break with five minutes to spare. We wrapped at midnight that first night.

Not quite the same game on Tuesday. I arrived earlier (4:30pm) and wrapped later. Not sure of the exact time. All I know is my head hit the pillow somewhere around 3am.

Wednesday is a blur.

Thursday I played catch up. I'm hoping I'll feel more like myself by the weekend. Gotta get ready for the holidays. Pics of the shoot to follow. Time to run out the door - again!

Comments on "Another Film Shoot"

 

post a comment