Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Disclosure Policy

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Disclosure Policy

paid for by payperpost

I've been blogging for over three years. (most of us know this) How many times have I promoted (or demoted) an item or a service that I feel strongly about? Like, every time I post. I know, I've said this before, but it's something that continues to ring true to me.

Now with payperpost and other services that offer a stipend for my opinion, I want to make it clear to everyone (myself included) that I commit to always and only express my truest thoughts in the world - including this blog.

Recently I came across this great site that allows bloggers to create a personalized disclosure policy. One that applies to our individual expressions. It takes less than five minutes to create and upload. There's a forum where you can check out other disclosures for reference. You can add a button, or create your own, for your sidebar or bottom menu.

And with this new age of "paid opinions" I believe it is important for everyone to have a disclosure policy. Even if we're not getting paid to talk about a product or service, it's good to know the intent of the blogger.

Now when I go to new blogs, I specifically look for their disclosure policy. I want to know what I'm reading is the truest expression of the blogger.

I imagine, as I grow as a person and a blogger, my disclosure policy will grow with me. For now, here's my first simple disclosure policy, created at disclosurepolicy.org.

* * * * * * *

This policy is valid from 16 November 2006

This blog, Journey-2-Peace (J2P), is a personal blog written and edited by Trish Monaco. For questions about this blog, please contact Trish via email: freeepeace@gmail.com.

J2P accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

J2P abides by word of mouth marketing standards. Trish believes in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may or may not influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

Trish is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though she receives compensation for her posts or advertisements, she always gives her honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely her own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

J2P does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to disclosurepolicy.org

Labels: ,

Comments on "Disclosure Policy"

 

post a comment