Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Gig Update

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Gig Update

Real quick because I'm late for work --

I had a great time last night! I received 16 emails and 3 phone calls from folks who couldn't make it to the show (sick, holidays, other gigs, out of town, pregnancy, family obligations, work, work, work). Totally understandable. I'm the same way. But I drew a lovely crowd of ten, plus some folks who showed up early for other performers. Perfect for a Tuesday night at a small venue.

It was video taped by Mistress Cinematographer. I felt kinda bad that she had to watch through the lens some of the time. But the tripod helped her enjoy her first Trish-gig.

Some reviews:

"you need a longer set. thirty minutes is way too short."
"you make it look so easy."
"you seemed anxious to get off the stage."
"were there some new songs in there?"
"woohoo"
"just as good as anyone on the radio" (note: may be biased, but I'll take it)


Some personal thoughts of my own:

I love the bright lights - I can't see a soul in the crowd.
I am very aware that I keep my eyes closed most of the time.
Otherwise, I get distracted.
I love my new guitar.
My new favorite tequila is tres generaciones.
The Cat Club is a great place to play (Ian is adorable).
I still believe I'm holding people up and think they'd rather be elsewhere.
The true inner thought is "don't worry, I'll be done soon so you can go on with your lives."
Turns out, that's the furthest from the truth...or so they say. ;)


No pictures from last night. Only video. Once we figure how to firewire it to my computer, we'll see what we can do with it. I have no idea how it looks. We'll just have to wing it. But I've never seen myself play a gig. It ought to be interesting.

Thanks for asking. More gigs to come.

Comments on "Gig Update"

 

Blogger alphawoman said ... (2:41 AM) : 

Looking forward to the video.

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (6:52 AM) : 

If Ian is the brit bartender, he was incredibly adorable. :-)

But, you dear, were so much more, even with your eyes closed! ;-)

 

post a comment