Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Osment All Grown Up

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Osment All Grown Up

I just re-watched The Sixth Sense. I remembered loving it the first time. It was great to watch it again, with fresh eyes. Coincidentally, on the same day, Haley Joel Osment was in a car accident. By now, I imagine you all have heard/read about it.

My initial shock was not of the news of the accident, but of the fact that he's old enough to drive. Then to hear he's 18 yrs old! It was almost too much for me to handle.

So I was reading clips on google news. Every single report (the same one regurgitated) clearly states he was driving a 1995 Saturn. That car is four years older than the movie that made him a household name. And a Saturn? Makes me wonder who's been banking his income as a child star! We'll see what happens now that he's 18.

Comments on "Osment All Grown Up"

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (6:46 PM) : 

I saw him once, gosh, I think it has been at least six or eight years ago 'cause he was still boy like. I was shocked how much older he looked and that he's driving such an old car. But, I being the eternal optimist, thought perhaps he wasn't letting his success go to his head or he borrowed the housekeeper's car to escape paparazi (sp?).

 

Blogger IndigoSunMoon said ... (11:15 PM) : 

I was shocked to see him all grown up! I still thought of him as that little kid!
Connie

 

Blogger Patrick said ... (1:35 AM) : 

You should have heard our newsroom. As the wire story first appeared, you could tell exactly when one of the producers read it: the first thing you heard each one say was, "A '95 Saturn?!?"

If he had to mangle a car, at least he picked a relatively-inexpensive one.

 

Blogger gigi said ... (1:09 PM) : 

I'm always startled by the abiltiy of child stars to turn into grownups seemingly overnight. How is it possible for so much time to pass without me being aware? Or even aging a day? Must be a break in the space-time continuum.

Haley-Joel has turned into quite the cutie. I too like to think that he's just not gone Hollywood. He always seemed so oddly grounded for a young actor. 'Course now he's 18, all bets are off. '95 Saturns do not the hearts of beautiful young things win...

 

Blogger Judith HeartSong said ... (6:52 PM) : 

Just checking in on you Dear Trish...... where is my summer going? I am pale as a fish.

judi

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (8:21 PM) : 

Y'ah know I think he's aged another five years since you posted this entry. ;-p

 

Blogger Gordy said ... (8:15 AM) : 

I'd like to think the boy has sense. That he realizes the life of an actor can be fickle, especial the life of a former child actor. The fact that he drives a '95 means he knows that the next job can be weeks, months, years away and not to get too high on oneself. I liked Haley in many of his movies, but wonder what is next for him. I hope he's okay and that he overcomes the inertia that seems to be involved between Hollywood and their former youth stars.

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (7:55 PM) : 

Hey! I heard today that Haley became a grandfather? It has been THAT long already. ;-p

(I'm one to talk. I update maybe two times a month now. But damn it, it's still more than you!)

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (8:52 PM) : 

So, I heard he traded that 1995 Saturn in for a 2015 Uranus about ten years ago. :-D

 

Blogger Trish said ... (11:01 PM) : 

Ha! Too funny.

I could've stayed home yesterday to blog but I was out with friends. Today I had a root canal. Tomorrow...we'll see.

 

Blogger gigi said ... (1:04 PM) : 

This just in:

Haley Joel Osmet, age 77, drove into a crowd of people at the Santa Monica Farmers Market today, wreaking havoc but causing no serious injuries when his foot accidently hit the gas pedal instead of the brake.

His passenger, 104 year old Paris Hilton, was un-injured but visibly annoyed.

"That's so not very hot," she was overheard to croak. "And why are all these farmers hawking vegetables in the street? Is this Baghdad?"

Osmet's car, a 1976 Ford Pinto, promptly exploded.

:)

 

post a comment