Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Week In Review

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Week In Review

Chess: This month I am a chess addict. It's a sickness. I'm sure of it. I've never been so enthralled with chess (the game I almost just called a sport) as I have been in the last couple of weeks. I must've played fifty games. And I still suck. It's gotten to the point where I've almost taken it on the road. I see cars and people as chess pieces. I almost rear-ended a car who changed lanes in front of me this afternoon. Rook-to-pawn-style. I'll tell ya though, those damn knights always do me in. I can't figure them out for the life of me. We have a love/hate relationship - wreaking havoc all over the board. But I do like when they miraculously work in my favor.

Dogs: I've been a solo-doggie-daycare here for the week. With PBX gone till Sunday, I've been doing double duty. Seems everyone decided this would be the perfect week to leave town. Three doggies are sleeping at my feet as I type.

Music: I made a pact with myself to play at least thirty minutes of guitar every day. I'd forgotten how good that feels. My goal is to write a pop song. A good new-fangled cookie-cutter variety. We'll see. They're kinda boring without all the production. But so far there are some other melodies brewing.

Hair: Got my hair cut again. This time, same style but shorter. Off the shoulders. Cool and sassy. Perfect summer cut.

Coat: Money's been very tight lately (as you know), so I've had to cut back on things like eating out, getting coffee to go and sending my dog to the groomers. It's that time of year when Hunny usually gets a monthly grooming. They shave her thick coat into a nice soft puppy cut. Well, it's been way too long and I still can't afford to send her to the groomers for forty bucks so we spent the same amount on a set of clippers and hoisted the poor HunnyBun onto the kitchen table and hacked the shit out of that gorgeous mane of hers. We did the best we could. The clippers came with three attachments - all were too long. And the permanent (smallest) size is apparently too short. There will be no pictures for at least two weeks, when her age spots and sunburn are covered with new growth.

Teeth: Here we go again. Severe pain in the same area as a couple of months ago. It had finally gone away on its own. But last weekend I woke up in agony - for no apparent reason. Advil wouldn't even put a dent in the pain. I'm out of pain killers and still lacking in insurance. So I'm riding it out. It's been a painful week. Someone at the dogpark reminded me about the spiritual body - and what emotions are related to teeth, jaw, mouth. Some good stuff to take into consideration and meditate on. Timing is everything. There are no coincidences.

South Park: We downgraded our cable service to basic. This leaves us sans Comedy Central. Tragic. But someone's on our side because South Park is on syndication at my prime tv-watching time (11pm). Two episodes, back-to-back, every weeknight. sweeeet.

Work: Got a promising phone call from a potential new client for ongoing dogwalking. Keep those positive thoughts coming my way. I need (and want) the work!

Household: Between rounds of chess I've managed to clean the bathroom, organize my sock drawer, do five loads of laundry, wax my legs (including bikini), work on business paperwork and now post a blog entry.

Fun: We're celebrating Gigi's birthday tomorrow. Art and martinis of course. What more could we expect. (subtle hint: her actual birthday is June 22)

Comments on "Week In Review"

 

Blogger IndigoSunMoon said ... (12:47 AM) : 

I've got a tooth that's killing me too Trish, and I'm lacking in the ole insurance as well. I feel your pain.
Love you!
Connie

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (9:14 AM) : 

Thanks for the subtle hint. I went through her posts from last year to try and find it but could only narrow the days down. I'm going right to my calendar right now and writing it down. See ya' later. :-)

 

Blogger alphawoman said ... (4:04 PM) : 

Good to see a post from you. I use to play chess all the time when I was a kid. Mom wouldn't let us watch a lot of tv so we had to find other types of entertainment!!

 

Blogger gigi said ... (2:44 PM) : 

Aw...thanks, sweeties! For the Clampetts and the booze. You guys are way too cool. ;D

PS ~ Love the new cut, and the whole look (not to self: what is the point of the camera if not to take pics of Trish in a Skirt....?)

 

Blogger tiny dancer said ... (12:31 PM) : 

Josey would murder me in my sleep if I took the liberty of hoisting her on the table and clipping. Good thang she's a short haired pup!
I commend you for doing your own bikini wax. NO FREAKIN WAY! I tried once and couldn't walk for a week.
I saw the hybrid episode of south park the other night and thought of you uncle fucker.

 

post a comment