Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Today's Thoughts

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Today's Thoughts

~*~ I still get bugged by the lies and the deception. I don't mean to. I try not to go there. But every once in a while I get weak. The last of the crazies is gone. I intend to keep that door closed. But again, I get weak. I apologize to only myself - the one I hurt by not listening. It'll sink in...eventually.

~*~ Things are good over here in this life of mine. I mean, in the full scope of things. People, pets, friends, creativity. All good.

~*~ Things are not-so-good on the work front. Business is slow. Very slow. I'm looking for ways to supplement my income. It's been a long time since having to do that. It may even be time for a career change. That's been lingering for a few months. Exciting and scary.

~*~ Just coming up for air from a gruelling production. Beginning to feel human again. Except, I somehow pulled a muscle in my lower back/hip area. Perhaps on a hike the other day. The surrounding muscles are spontaneously spasming. It's difficult to walk, bend, pick things up. But I'm hoping to clean and do some rearranging around here today. So this is my 'resting' time.

~*~ So much needs to be done. I can hardly stand the mess in my car. It's been a production vehicle and a doggie-wagon for too long without cleaning in between. One of my clients insisted I go to her house and hose 'er down! Dust and dried mud cover the outside. Don't get me started on describing the mess inside.

~*~ Then there's the apartment. For weeks it's been basically a storage closet and dumping ground. Just like college all over again.

~*~ Speaking of ... the film I worked on over the winter was screened on Wednesday. It was a huge success. Apparently a bigger turnout than previous years. Paula hosted the reception following. We went through 50+ bottles of wine and five cases of beer - among other things like snacky foods and non-alcoholic drinks. It was a madhouse but I had fun pouring glass after glass to serve a very thirsty crowd of 450.

~*~ I've been asked to work on another film this summer. I really like the script. I've been looking forward to working on this project. I just don't know how much time I can give. If I can get paid, that would help with my decision. We'll see.

Comments on "Today's Thoughts"

 

Blogger gigi said ... (2:20 PM) : 

Wine? There was wine? You didn't tell me there'd be wine... ':(

Seriously, congrats to both you and Paula on a successful screening! And on the offer for a new film this summer ~ here's hoping there'll be some money involved. Yay, $$$! Somebody has to pay for that house in Venice, after all.

And no mas crazies. Close the door, sure ~ and then put Honey on it. :)

 

Blogger gigi said ... (9:38 PM) : 

I can't believe I misspelled Hunny.

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (10:26 AM) : 

What do you mean I'm gone? I'm right here! You can't shake me that easily.

Ahahahahaha cackled with a wicked shrill

It seems to me paid production work is the next step in your career path. :-)

 

Blogger Heather said ... (11:36 AM) : 

I'm glad that things are going well on your side of the world :) I've been thinking of you hon. Kisses to Hunny from Tink ;)

 

Blogger tiny dancer said ... (8:33 AM) : 

All sounds good. Life is churning!

 

post a comment