Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Yoga

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Yoga

I went to yoga last night.

It's been so long since I attended a yoga class that the previous statement could be its own blog post.

I've been wanting to get back to a regular yoga schedule, but always find a reason not to go. Last night there was no good reason to stay home. I had felt productive all day. I had the energy. I was in slight ear/head pain. And of course I was stressed-out. That could go without saying.

My resistance to going is usually about my own fear of going in. It's that emotional, internal, intimacy fear. I got slightly anxious before class last night. When I stepped foot into the asana room, I felt a sense of at-homeness. Something I'd forgotten. I was definitely in the right place last night.

It was as though my body picked up right where I left off. Yes, I am weaker and less flexible today. But not by much. I realized last night, that even though it's been a couple of years since I had a regular (daily) practice in a class environment, I still have a daily practice in my life. Breathing, stretching, mindfulness - they stick with me. When I'm disciplined enough to take the time to attend a class, my practice just goes that much deeper.

Oh yeah, then there's the whole physical aspect of yoga. I may not be able to walk or hold a leash, but today's ache is a reminder of the yesterday's workout.

It's my intention to go again, on a more regular basis. No pressure though. One breath at a time.

Comments on "Yoga"

 

Blogger gigi said ... (2:28 PM) : 

Yay you, yoga babe! I do hope you'll get to fufill your intention to go again on a regular basis. It is it's own reward, as you know.

I'm just not getting into this whole Chi Gong thing. It seems all we do is flop around the mats like baby seals and breathe. I mean, breathing's nice and all and I do approve, but it's not a workout, and it's hard to 'go in' at LA Fitness, with the heady scent of sweat socks in the air and Fergie singing about her hump. Her hump her hump her hump. Her lady lumps. Although...come to think of it, it's practically a mantra. ;D

I want my yoga, damnit! Oops ~ oommmmmmmm....

 

Blogger Jod{i} said ... (5:45 AM) : 

no pressure...
LOL, Well I am exhausted thinking about it! Good For you! Now I need to go back, I feel guilty ...

Keep going!!

 

Blogger tiny dancer said ... (11:22 AM) : 

Ah, I just laughed and Gigis comment over there to the left. That woman, I swear...she delights me every single time.

I miss my yoga. It's been 9 months since my last class. I felt a twinge in my heart when I read the words you wrote about "going in." Going in is always scary. But it feels good when you come out the winner doesn't it.
I'm getting a "it's time to Goda Yoga for another release" vibe coming on strong here. Soonish!

 

post a comment