Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Extraction Day

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Extraction Day

Tuesday already. I survived a week of dental pain. After a few days of agony, my nerves gave up on me. So I was basically numb all week. I don't remember much of last week. Except maybe spending too much money on shoes.

Surgery is scheduled for 3pm today. I'm mostly nervous about being awake through the ripping and tearing of flesh and the cracking and breaking of bone in my mouth. If my portable media player were in any condition to last through the surgery I'd be sure to bring it. But for some odd reason, the 12-hour battery only lasts (less than) 2 hours. I haven't done anything about it since I bought it. I need to buy a new battery or sell the fucker. It was expensive too dammit.

It's raining in Southern California. April showers bring May flowers...on the east coast. April showers in Los Angeles are just wrong. I suppose this is the price we pay for the mild winter we had. I don't mind the rain really. I'd just rather it rain overnight. Dry days make for dry, happy dog walkers.

Not much else here. Well, not at the moment anyway. I'm feeling a little distracted. I may be more nervous about the surgery than I'm telling myself. When I brought a child to a teaching clinic to have a tooth extracted, I was able to sit with him through the whole thing. I suppose there's no chance they'd believe I'm 9 years old so I could have someone sit with me.

At least now I know to ask for Happy Gas.

Comments on "Extraction Day"

 

Blogger ChasingMoksha said ... (12:07 PM) : 

Here is thinking about you today kiddo. I hate the DDS chair. But believe it or not, last time I sat in the chair, I thought about a body (pain) and mind connection that kept me occupied until the the thing was over. Ohhh......yeah I paid $295 out of pocket so I could be asleep when they did their major work. HAH. Can you say, I am a cluck cluck?

I love the rain....

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (10:11 PM) : 

Here's hoping all went well and you are feeling no pain now. :::cringe::: "Ripping and tearing of flesh and the cracking and breaking of bone" TMI! LOL

 

Blogger Judith HeartSong said ... (5:03 AM) : 

wish I could sit with you.....

 

post a comment