Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: A coupla things

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 20, 2006

A coupla things

1. I'm currently using Google's gmail for email. I like many things about it. But I'm finding that (probably because it's still in beta testing land) it's glitchy. Like, sometimes I can't log in and the server drops off and I can't read my email. Not for long - but long enough to hold me up if I'm supposed to be running out the door.

Anyway, question about this: what email provider do you use and would you recommend it? why? why not? what do you like/dislike about your email provider? And...if you use gmail, what do you think of it?

2. I just found out that "all of the sudden" is grammatically incorrect. Never knew it. Never. Totally trips me out. Changes my whole outlook on life.

3. Games.com - Boggle. Nuff said.

4. Getting my hair cut in April - not soon enough if you ask me. Can hardly wait. Not very short. But lots off the bottom! Looking forward to not having knots.

5. Mahjong Solitaire. Who has time for anything else?

6. Ginko Biloba Extract is good for the brain. I bought it to help increase blood circulation. But I keep forgetting to take it.

7. Ginko Biloba Extract in liquid form tastes yucky - but not quite as bad as Goldenseal.

8. Took an amazing hike in the local hills yesterday. Looking forward to doing it again, when my muscles stop spasming.

9. Going to the recycling center once a week makes me feel better about buying ready-made salads and paper towels. Did you know there are separate bins for green and clear glass? How about cardboard, newspaper and mixed paper (like junk mail). Tin cans are different from soda cans. And how many kinds of plastic are there exactly? I don't think anyone really knows.

10. Call your local post office and request to cancel all 3rd class mail. You will (supposedly) never see junk mail in your box again.

11. That reminds me, I need to call the post office.

12. Business is slow and I'm a little concerned but I don't want to give it any more (negative) energy than just that. Calling in new clients - and abundance.

13. Holy crap. It's almost spring.

14. The donut shop around the corner has better coffee than Starbucks - for 1/3 the price too.

15. Nobody beats Starbucks vanilla latte.

16. Except maybe the Italian bakery up the street.

17. Trader Joe's Tuna for cats is only 29 cents a can!

18. I'm thinking about filming a documentary. Just a passing thought. Perhaps I should consider writing a treatment...later.

19. Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow.

20. Whew. I knew it. Mercury has been in retrograde all month. This explains a lot.

21. Okay, this was way more than a coupla things.

Comments on "A coupla things"

 

Blogger gigi said ... (2:43 PM) : 

I'm at Yahoo and not that crazy about it. It functions, but the page is busy and confusing; it has to reload every time you make a font change for style, color, italics or bold and, unforgivably, doesn't let you send pictures internally. (My poor crazy avatar!) I may just have to get used to it, though.

Holy crap, it is spring!

Trader Joe's tuna for cats is the same as Trader Joe's fancy albacore tuna for people. I'm just sayin', having had the latter. Shhh...

Hey ~ that's a documentary!

Hey ~ so's this comment!

Change those light bulbs yet? I feel like a party. :)

 

Blogger alh said ... (9:32 PM) : 

i really enjoy gmail. for me, the glitches are far and few in-between. i especially like to have my email forwarded to my aol account automatically so i don't need to go into my gmail account if i don't want to.

my second favorite email would be microsoft outlook, but then again, i only use it for work.

aol mail isn't so bad, but i can't deal with the cost anymore. i seriously thinking of cancelling my account.

 

Blogger Midwestern Progressive said ... (10:33 AM) : 

"2. I just found out that "all of the sudden" is grammatically incorrect.

Nope.

Not buying it.

"All of the sudden" is grammatically correct, while "all of a sudden is the wrong way to say it.

 

Blogger Trish said ... (10:50 AM) : 

GIGI - bite your tongue woman! TJ's tuna for cats is not the same as the tuna for people. Makes me shiver at the mere thought. When you see the cat-tuna, you'll know what I mean. ::shiver::

Bulbs are changed. Bought plenty for the next round too. Ready for a party. When are you coming?

ALH - Ahh yes, I do love gmail. Especially how all conversations are kept together. I finally canceled my AOL account and don't miss it one bit. (they even let me keep my email address. not that i use it. but take that into consideration.)

MP - The new info doesn't stop me from saying it the way I learned it. I just think about it more now...and cringe every time.

 

Blogger Kathy said ... (12:59 PM) : 

I used to use yahoo but it got so that I couldn't send mail for days at a time. I use Gmail and love it, the only problem I have with it is: 1 sometimes the sending time isn't instant, mail gets there but it may take a few minutes. 2 no way to embed graphics in the emails. hate that.

spring arived yesterday i think.

 

Blogger Tillerman said ... (5:47 PM) : 

I use gmail and love it.

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (10:02 AM) : 

Ive been experimenting wiith mail stuff lately too. Ive been trying mail betas for hotmail and aol and i recently signed up for G-mail. I like G-mail quite a bit. I would suggest that. It lets me incorporate all of my email addresses so i can keep everyone centralized in one spot. ;) Hope you are doing well. ;)

 

Blogger Warren said ... (11:42 AM) : 

I'm using Gmail too, because they give me 2.6 GB's of storage (it increases the longer you use them). I had noticed that it didn't always work well with Safari on a mac, and often it's blocked or just doesn't load at work on Internet Explorer for windows. On a mac, firefox usually reads it well. But at work, here's a little trick: instead of typing in http://www.gmail.com, add an "s" to "http" - so use "https://www.gmail.com." I've never had a glitch accessing it through that.

And TJ's tuna for cats is all the rage at my pad right now among the non-human residents.

I'll agree that I did have a really bad can of their albacore tuna for non-felines recently, though.

 

Anonymous Hoppers said ... (4:38 PM) : 

I have g-mail and I don't have a problem with it. I download the desktop mail checker thing. (oh yeah that's offical *insert rolling eyes*)
I always know when I have mail to read.
My main mail goes through outlook express.

It's spring? Where?

I hear an uprising in my kitchen with all this talk of canned cat food. SHHHH people.. I'm about to have a riot!

 

Blogger Maria said ... (3:09 AM) : 

I use gmail and I LOVE It! I don't miss AOL at ALL! Everyone I need to keep in touch with, I can, via AIM. I can comment in the J-land journals, I can even still receive AOL Alerts if I so choose sent TO my gmail! I'm assuming it's because it is the same as my former AOL account ... not sure about that though

I love having grouped email on gmail to one particular message all clustered together, instead of having replies scattered through my inbox. I love the simplicity of it all but there are a couple of things I would like to see change and there are a few wonky items on it. Like you said, it may just be because it is still in BETA

I would like to be able to permanently set the font and/or color. I would like to be able to embed images without having to use Outlook Express (But it's not a hassle to do it that way either)

The links in email 99% of the time all fully function and work wonderfully ... but occasionally there will be a link or two in an email which I will need to use and it's showing bold font, but no link That could also be an error on the senders part as well though

I would like to be able to send and receive EXE files I know gmail says it's for everyone's safety, but it shouldn't be gmail's responsibility It should be the person who chooses to send or receive EXE files to scan with an antivirus and take precautions

Uploading a file does occasionally take some time, but I can deal with it :) if I absolutely have to make sure it gets to where I want it to go in an even faster manner, I upload through an IM on AIM lol

So overall, I believe when Gmail becomes fully mainstream, it will be a million times better than it is now I very highly doubt that I would EVER switch from their services

 

Blogger Maria said ... (3:19 AM) : 

Oh and another thing ... I love boggle and mahjong as well but I am completely addicted to one websites games pogo.com :) I am a "club member" I've convinced many friends AND my mother to join lol They have Mahjong Garden which is much better than their standard mahjong games (also available on the site)

 

post a comment