Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Counting My Blessings

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Counting My Blessings

partial list of things I'm grateful for ...

hearty laughter
healthy food
truth in speech
loud singing
heavy walking
ink slinging
fleece blankets
restful nights
dog walking
high-speed internet access
cargo pants
airborne, emergen-c and rescue remedy
creative and motivated friends
loving reflection
low-fat frozen yogurt
forgiveness
netflix
the peacemobile

This is a running list. I need to keep things in check lately. I've been so busy (happily) that I was forgetting to stop and smell the roses. A few days ago while out walking, in a frustrated moment, I literally did just that - smelled a rose. Immediately it shifted my perspective.

I'm remembering lately that everything is about perception. Even on a day that I want to bury my head under the covers and cry myself to sleep, everything is good. There's nothing different in life from one moment to the next - except my perception. When I remember that, I feel better. But god help us all when I forget. I'm a mess.

So I have my work cut out for me. Remembering truth. Truth being that everything is as it should be. Perfectly timed. Perfectly placed. Perfectly imperfect.

Comments on "Counting My Blessings"

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (6:00 AM) : 

Liver says: Beautiful post!! And, so very true. :-)

 

Blogger Judith HeartSong said ... (10:25 AM) : 

rescue remedy, yes. I have used it myself.

You are right... so much to be grateful for.

 

Blogger alphawoman said ... (2:41 AM) : 

Reminds me of Oprah's gratitude jnl....at the end of each day you thik back over what happened and you write down what you are grateful for. Pretty life altering once you get in the habit.

 

Blogger Sharky said ... (8:21 AM) : 

hey trish...

my thoughts exactly!
perfectly imperfect IS life.
lol
I want a shirt that says...
perfectly imperfect.
that's me to a T. or in a T.

I have been counting my blessings as well lately. when things get tough. It's what I do to remember that there are still great things going on in my life, and not to get so caught up in the moments that are hard to get through.

great entry.
keep on breathing in the sweet moments, regardless of what stinking up the air around you. :)

hugs.

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (9:51 PM) : 

Wonderful perspective. :) Its nice how the little things can put it all in place.....

 

Blogger tiny dancer said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Right on.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

Blessings...

 

post a comment