Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: What am I doing?

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

What am I doing?

So, I'm coasting along in this life of mine, when suddenly I find myself on this wild ride. All kinds of new, fun, interesting adventures. I signed on to a film project not knowing exactly what I'd be doing. I only knew they could use the help and I wanted to be involved.

I've spent a fair amount of time on film/tv sets - enough to understand the basics (I'm talking FilmSets 101). I understand the basic role of the director and the actors. I have hands-on experience at the bottom of the pond as a PA. So I just took a guess at what happens in between. Now I'm learning - more than I ever thought I wanted to know. And I'm liking it.

You are reading the words of the 2nd Assistant Director on a grad student short film. We shoot on weekends. There's no pay. And I'm not a student. It's almost the perfect situation.

How? Think about it -- I'm getting great experience from a top film school and I can't fail the class. Of course, my mistakes could fuck up my friends' grades. So I do get a little stressed out about double- and triple-checking my work. But it should be that way. It means I care about it.

What do I do as a 2nd AD? So far this is what I know: Follow the AD around with her puppy dog, like a puppy dog. Assist in keeping everything on schedule. Suck up to the actors and make sure they have what they need. Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. Smile. Cheer. Keep the energy light and fun. Break tension by cracking jokes and doing yoga.

Okay so some of the job description is ad-libbed. But it seemed to work yesterday. We'll see how the next 5 weekends go.

My main concern through all this is Hunny. She can't be on set. Shoot days are scheduled for 12 hours - not including drive time. And take one guess who needs to be the first to arrive and the last to leave. So if anyone is available for some Hunny-sitting, let me know. We're shooting every weekend in February.

Enough out of me. More paperwork to do.
Peace all.

Comments on "What am I doing?"

 

Blogger tiny dancer said ... (2:34 PM) : 

Okay, so here's the plan. You and Hunny fly out next weekend. I watch Hunny for the entire month of Feb. and then I bring her back to you in March. K?

I stopped at the gas station today and a lady was taking her dog "Honey" over to the grass to do her business. Ah...Honey...Hunny...ah.

Film job sounds like fun. Make sure I see the complete film on conclusion!!

 

Blogger jennifer said ... (2:55 PM) : 

How exciting. I love a new adventure.

Now where does Tiny Dancer live? Cause if you fly Hunny "out" to her, she could always drive that doll baby to me and she could hang with the wonderpup.

Just a thought.

 

Blogger alphawoman said ... (3:09 PM) : 

Wow!! Sounds like great fun. Don't you have a roommate?

 

Blogger Becky said ... (4:49 PM) : 

Sounds like fun! Maybe your roomy would like to try the life of a dog walker on the weekends? ;-) Great excuse to go for walks on the beach and meet men.

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (9:05 PM) : 

Well...I'm going to NYC in February, and you live umpteen miles away, and I can't have animals at my place. I third Mary and Becky's comments about a roommate.

 

Blogger Heather said ... (12:48 AM) : 

Hmm..Tink & I were talking, and we think that Hunny needs some quality "Indiana" time -winks-
ha ha ha. I hope you find someone to give her the same love you do, while you're busy with this very cool project that you have begun! YAY for you!

 

Blogger Jod{i} said ... (3:54 PM) : 

What a great opportunity! I am green with envy! As a SPEC writer the closest I will get will be a check, lol. Keep us posted!

Jodi

 

Blogger gigi said ... (5:50 PM) : 

You're 2nd Assistant Director on a grad student short film!!?? With no pay and long hours!??

You are just...so...cool! Hey ~ got a part for me? Scarlett Johanssen type; 42 years old, but can play as young as 15. Honest. I swear. Everyone says so.

Hunny can come stay with me. We'll chase lizards, and rock out to my MP3.... :)

 

Blogger aims said ... (6:04 AM) : 

Ooooo, cool! Sounds fun! Keep us informed.

hugs!

 

Blogger Trish said ... (8:24 AM) : 

I love the idea of Hunny doing a blog-tour! Seems Indiana and Ohio are the places to be this February. I'll run it by her.

Meantime, she has plans to spend one weekend with her hip Scarlett Johanssen-type auntie, chasing lizards and rocking out to the classics.

Carol, how 'bout you come to LA early? You could have your own place for a weekend, with Hunny, the beach and my car. Think about it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:14 AM) : 

Wow Freee....lot's going on. Read your previous entry where you said that dogwalking is #2, not your passion... that maybe you know what #1 is, but forgot. If I had to guess, I would say your music and desire to act would be #1. Your passion shines through your music, thru your lyrics.

This movie project sounds like a blast...Where will it be shown? Hoping you find a real solution of what to do with your lil' Hunny durng the month of Feb. Any fellow dog walker's owe you any favors? Maybe you could swap services. If they walk Hunny, you can walk their dog while they are away on vacation or something like that. LOL, I don't know...just an idea. : ) Michelle aka s0ngbird1962

 

Blogger V said ... (1:49 PM) : 

Hunny in Philly?
Yea!!!
V

 

Blogger Warren said ... (4:35 PM) : 

I'm looking forward to a Hunny Blog all her own. That would be cool.

And I love those 2nd AD and script supervisor jobs. You get to see everything that happens on set!

 

Blogger ChasingMoksha said ... (8:06 PM) : 

You are so cool. Think Sundance! Next we will see you on the red carpet and Hunny too.

 

post a comment