Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Passion, Creativity and Abundance

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Passion, Creativity and Abundance

It seems my '06 blogging defaults to a weekly schedule. I guess this could mean I'm busy living. There's so much change in the air - all around - in just about every aspect of my life. This could be scary. Mostly though, I'm remembering love. The path is the way. I suppose.

I find it fascinating that it can be difficult to trust the goodness around me. I believe in it. But being in it is surprisingly frightening. I'd like to believe I will maintain this level of integrity throughout the process. To stay committed to growth and truth.

The more my heart expands, to the same level does it contract. As much as I want to ride an eternal swelling wave, I find myself waiting for the drop of duality. The drop is inevitable. But the fear of it keeps me one step out of the moment.

I'm learning.

Finding balance is always my challenge. Remembering my selfness.

Still searching for passion in my work. I love my work with the dogs. But there's something ... something missing perhaps. I'm exploring what that means for me. I love playing and writing music. Again though, there's something missing. Missing in me. A disconnect. A blockage. Still exploring.

I want to dive into a project. I want to feel a sense of purpose - working toward a goal, a personal accomplishment. Something I can call my own that I can share with the world. And I want to know financial abundance through that creative expression.

Saying that seems to cheapen my desire a bit. I know money can't buy happiness. But it sure makes the road a lot easier.

Passion, Creativity and Abundance: I'm learning how to merge these qualities. I was taught (like many) that in order to make money, I need to work. I need not enjoy the work. I just need to be good at it. For many years I bought into that theory. And I was miserable.

This last decade has been about unlearning and deprogramming those messages. My dog walking business has been a great lesson. I do love that work. But it's not my life's passion. It provides a sense of accomplishment, some stability and freedom. Still, if I had to rank my work in order of importance and its level of fulfillment, dog walking would be #2.

So then, what's number one? This is where I fall short. I do not know the answer to that question. Perhaps I know, but I don't remember.

Until then, I will continue to put my heart into the dog business. Number two is way better than some of the alternatives. I remain grateful for this life I've chosen, this life I've created, this life I live.

Comments on "Passion, Creativity and Abundance"

 

Blogger tiny dancer said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Familiar. Looking for #1, not knowing where or how to find it or what the hell I'm even looking for. Just knowing it's missing. I hear ya.

Maybe, just maybe that's what keeps us driven though. That constant search keeps us going, day after day. Dunno. Just a thought.

 

Blogger Sharky said ... (1:57 PM) : 

Well, it looks like Passion is your number one item, then creativity which will create Abundance of the things that will bless you. right?
this year for me, It's Clarity, Control, and Passion.
It's funny you mentioned 'selfness' I just wrote about the Self. It was quite enlightening....for me. :)
You will get there Trish, you will. You have this Desire/Passion in you to find it...so you will.
take care!

 

Blogger gigi said ... (2:34 PM) : 

Yes ~ you are busy living your life and that is wonderful!

And living that life means exploring passion and seeking balance, and that includes balance between creativity and 'abundance' ~ (that means money, right? ;) It doesn't cheapen anything to acknowledge reality; it simply indicates that you are sane. And that's a good thing.

The key is always in the balance.

I'm so happy to hear you are happy!

 

Blogger jennifer said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Yes, we do have to work to live, but we do not have to live to work. And, most importantly, we have the inherent right to love what we do.

I have students that tell me they're majoring in this or that, because Dad says that's where the money is. I laugh, because it was the same for me. But I detested the "money majors." And, at the risk of pissing off dad, I tell them to follow their passion, because where's there's passion, there will be money. Maybe not Bill Gates or Oprah money, but there will be riches.

Kisses to Hunny!!

 

Blogger Heather said ... (3:40 PM) : 

I so know where you are coming from Trish. It's hard to find #1, especially when you are striving to be better at #2, and other areas of your life. But maybe, just maybe, when you least expect it, #1 will be there.

 

Blogger V said ... (7:20 AM) : 

Your music is beautiful.
V

 

Blogger Judith HeartSong said ... (12:10 PM) : 

powerful and insightful entry.... you are moving and making progress and growing every day. It is ok to say that what you have at this moment is not enough and you want more.

Call it to you.

 

Blogger Remo said ... (6:53 PM) : 

Here's hoping '06 brings you everything you seek...and a bright, shiny new guitar. I love the new site, it loads so much faster for those of us still using dial-up.
Enjoy the journey.

 

Anonymous yoga babe said ... (3:16 PM) : 

If you're not going to post, can we at least have a new polling question? I'm still levitating into my pants...

 

Blogger ChasingMoksha said ... (11:43 AM) : 

Maybe a fiction book about the adventures in dog walking will bring abundance. Perhaps....

 

post a comment