Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Day One 2006

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Day One 2006

It's been a very productive new year so far. And I haven't even left the apartment. It's been cold and rainy all weekend - and will continue through Monday. But I'm getting a lot accomplished.

First, I slept in. It wasn't planned. I just didn't get up till 10:30am. The entire morning was already gone by the time I got out of bed. The good news: I wasn't anxious about it.

I organized my year's receipts to get them ready for tax preparation. Did you get that? Prepping for tax prep. Well, it's a start. They are separated by category in envelopes. I bought Quicken last year for this very purpose. I still haven't the slightest idea how to use the program.

Next I cleared piles of papers and filed everything.

I removed all the photos around my desk to make room for new ones.

I renewed my Norton Anti-virus that had expired last week.

I ordered my spf face stuff that I'm running out of.

I printed my entire email address book to cross-check with contacts in my new email address.

I've started hand writing in a journal again.

I had a lovely conversation with God.

I gave my poor guitar some loving with a nice wipedown and replaced the old, dull strings with my favorite phosphor bronze.

While looking for my guitar gear (wire cutters, strings, winders) I found my camera bag with the extra battery that I had misplaced a few months ago.

I joined Hunny in a nap.

I ate two hot meals in one day. Yummy homemade potato soup (thanks Andi) and left over wonton soup (thanks Robbie).

I took a long hot shower.

I made a few client phone calls, and scheduled an appointment with a potential new client.

I practiced the art of procrastination to the Nth degree by adding to the pile of dirty dishes in the sink and by avoiding the vacuum all in the same day. Go me!

The night is still young. I hope to play those phosphor bronzies, challenge my mind with some tangram and give God another love shout before I lay to rest for another winter night.

Much love and peace to all.

Comments on "Day One 2006"

 

Blogger ChasingMoksha said ... (11:27 PM) : 

Wow that was a productive day. You made a business call on New Year's Day, -----you do mean business. LOL!

That potato soup sounds yummy!

Happy New Year.......

Hope the taxes bring you a big fat refund.

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (12:03 AM) : 

Very proud of you :)

I made my resolutions too! ;) im back to blogging again... ;)

Happy New Year Trish.....

xo
Sarah

 

Blogger Sharky said ... (12:13 AM) : 

hmmm, I am struggling in this arena. organization is my worst trait. procrastination runs right along it's side. ugh. and there is so much to be done in my life, and it sits.

but, some things are moving. some things are moving.
many blessings to you in this new year, Trish. :)

 

Blogger Becky said ... (12:53 AM) : 

Sounds like a perfect day to me. I hope I have one like that tomorrow. I love long weekends.

 

Blogger Chris Soth said ... (3:06 AM) : 

but did you get around to re-potting the plants?

 

Blogger jennifer said ... (7:14 AM) : 

There is nothing better than an unanticipated sleeping-in day, followed by potato soup and relaxation. True comfort. And what a better way to ring in the new calendar.

 

Blogger The Boisverts said ... (8:04 AM) : 

What an inspiring post. Sounds like a great way to ring in 2006.

Happy New Year, Trish.

 

Blogger tiny dancer said ... (3:36 PM) : 

I totally applauded you on the TAX PREP!!
I just LOVE all this good energy you're oozing! LOVE IT and it makes me smile!!!

 

Blogger AlbGlinka said ... (3:52 PM) : 

Tax prep??? It's not April 14th yet!

Happy New Year Trish, sounds like you're off to a great start! I'm trying to organize a list of new Blogspot blogs and old AOL journals so I can know where everyone is... that's about all I've accomplished this rainy weekend.

 

Blogger DEREK said ... (6:36 PM) : 

Your new blog is looking great.

Derek

 

Blogger Judith HeartSong said ... (6:51 PM) : 

sounds like a wonderful day..... good for you. judi

 

Blogger Jod{i} said ... (7:28 AM) : 

Not only productive, yet filled with such a positive energy...You have inspired me!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Jodi

 

Blogger V said ... (2:52 AM) : 

Happy New Year, Trish.
V

 

Blogger tiny dancer said ... (2:26 PM) : 

It is now day five of the new year and I can see that posting entries is not a priorty.
just giving you a hard time because I'm bored. no biggie.

 

Blogger TJ said ... (2:32 PM) : 

I finally figured out Quicken!!! I got 1/2 ,y year loaded and like you the other half still waits....
to funny.
I love potatoe soup.We put bacon and home made noodles in it like grama use to make...I only make it once a year. Taxes,,bwahhh I will work on them for a month!!!
TJ

 

post a comment