Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Trish-n-Hunny Time

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Trish-n-Hunny Time



Spending time with myself -- and Hunny, of course.

We dropped a friend off at the airport early Thursday morning. (how early? it was dark.) We'd been spending lots of time with this friend and her dog. It didn't occur to me that Hunny might be affected by their leaving. Thursday was tough for my little one. She didn't eat all morning. She was depressed, like I hadn't seen her in a long time. Every time we walk by our friends' apartment she stops at their door. Still. Even today.

It wasn't until later that I realized, bringing friends with dogs to the airport is something Hunny is used to. But usually the dog returns home with us. Not this time. Hunny's doggie friend went on the plane too.

And it was so hectic at the airport that there wasn't a big to-do of a goodbye to Hunny. There was hardly time for any goodbye as I tossed luggage to the curb, being hustled along by airport security.

So I've made it a point to give Hunny extra love and attention. She's still out of sorts (not eating as regularly) but she has bursts of energy when she wants to play. I was lucky to capture a moment of her playful energy.

I've still been anxious-like-crazy. It's forcing me to take better care of myself. From head to toe. I can hardly eat so I make a superfood smoothie in the mornings. Later I'll eat something with a little protein and vegetable (yesterday it was a few bites of chicken with sliced tomato, apple and onion). Later I made a baked potato and ate half of it. Drinking water and adding electrolytes and vitamin-C. Taking Rescue Remedy. Breathing. Singing. Walking. Working.

It was colder Friday. I walked continuous laps, the length of the dogpark. It was great. Crisp. Cool. Invigorating.

More baking today. Maybe a yoga class. A movie. A brisk walk with my Hunny. Whatever the day brings. As long as it keeps me calm, active and motivated. Mostly calm.

Comments on "Trish-n-Hunny Time"

 

Blogger V said ... (2:24 AM) : 

Hi Trish,
Aww, it`s always great to see a Hunny Pic. It`s funny how big a cocker`s paws are.
Do you do any meditation, deep breathing, mindfulness? These are great relaxation exercises.
Hugs,
V

 

Blogger alphawoman said ... (5:01 AM) : 

Hunny is so cute. I once took a picture of my feet for one of the Round Robin photo thingies (how I miss them) and got numerous emails and commetns from foot fettish guys...be prepared!! Ha!

 

Blogger jennifer said ... (8:32 AM) : 

Extra extra hugs to Hunny. Anyone who says pups don't grieve have never been around one who is.

Oh, I understand anxiety. I sure hope yours eases soon.

 

Blogger IndigoSunMoon said ... (10:19 PM) : 

Sending big hugs to you...and Hunny!
Love you!
Connie

 

Blogger Sharky said ... (11:53 PM) : 

nice pics!
nice toes!
nice hunny!
:)
I so know what your feeling here, Trish. at the onset of anxiety or sadness I get ...go, go, go DO soemthing feeling. Tonight, at almost midnight...I decided to go look at Christmas lights, and tour the old neighborhood where I grew up. It was fun. :)
hugs to you and hunny!

 

Blogger AlbGlinka said ... (6:20 AM) : 

I get such a big dose of LA quirky sensitive interesting-ness when I visit here, Trish. I love your blogging style.

Here's to doggies, and kitties too!
xxoo, Albert

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (8:19 AM) : 

So, did you make those bars before or after you painted your toes? Hmmm... ;-)

 

Blogger Phinney said ... (9:07 AM) : 

What cute piggys!! ~~Phinney

 

post a comment