Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Setting Intentions

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Setting Intentions


Oh...I should post an entry. But it's the holidays. Not that I'm off celebrating much. It's just the week between Christmas and New Years. Work is slow - and so am I.

It's nice to be lazy sometimes. Especially with gray days that make it much easier to lay around watching mindless TV, reading Emmanuel and mastering a new obsession, Tangrams (contributed by Robbie).

I've also come deeply into the knowing that I need a new guitar. I've toyed with the idea long enough. It's time to start saving. I just can't play this one anymore. It's so dull that it actually turns me away from wanting to play. A different guitar, with different energy, is top on my list. Don't let me buy anything else before I get a new guitar.

It's a few days before another new year. I can hardly believe how quickly time flies lately. It's that time again to reflect on the past year and set intentions for the coming year. Letting go of things no longer needed or beneficial to growth, and welcoming in new energy for continued growth.

Last year I shed a tumor that had been weighing on my heart (physically behind my ear) for a few years. I shed mono and depression. I shed obsessive behavior. Well, much of it.

This year I intend to shed debt and the fear of collection agencies. I intend to shed the need to rescue poor defenseless bunnies. I intend to shed the notion that my life is meant to be slightly above mediocre.

I welcome new energy in the physical form. I welcome a boost in business or easy career change. I welcome abundance in love and money, freeing my creativity. I welcome a deep sense of commitment and determination that allows me to follow through with my creative endeavors.

Well, that's a start. Guess I had more to say than I thought.

Comments on "Setting Intentions"

 

Blogger V said ... (11:07 PM) : 

Hehehe.
That`s one happy puppy & one happy young man in your Pics!
V

 

Blogger Wil said ... (1:22 AM) : 

Trish, have you had your axe in to a good lutier to see if anything can be done for the old girl? It's amazing what can be done in the way of a professional tuning up of a guitar.

Now, if it's truly "guitar envy" you be suffering, I do understand. I was fortunate enough to have both Martins and Gibsons around the house in the '70's that belonged to semi-pro roommates and lovers. Sure beat the dreck I learned to strum on. Life has never been the same since...

 

Blogger ChasingMoksha said ... (1:37 AM) : 

I bought guitars for the two little ones over here. The youngest got a cheapy from Target, the oldest got one from an actual guitar shop.

I so understand about the energy. I try to rid myself of poison all the time, and this week, I am trying extra hard.

Here is sending you energy so you can keep the creative juices flowing.

 

Blogger Kristeena said ... (8:17 AM) : 

I swear 2006 is gonna rock. I can feel it. We've all got so many exciting things just over the horizon, and this is going to be THE year, I just know it.

Here's to new-found energy and positive outlooks.

=) kris

 

Blogger Trish said ... (9:25 AM) : 

Wil, Good idea. I've had this guitar fixed up a few times over the years. Lowered the action, added a pick-up/pre-amp, fixed the warped neck, added a strap peg. It could use another tune up, I'm sure. But it's 25 yrs old. It's my first guitar. I wouldn't give it up, but I would like a new one to add to the family. I know you can understand that. I have Taylor and Takamine envy.

 

Blogger Heather said ... (9:48 AM) : 

Aww! I think 2006 will be a great year for you. (and Hunny too!) I think it's been a rough couple of months for everyone, and now we're ready to start the new year right. I know I am very excited for this new change, and this new year.

 

Blogger sunflowerkat said ... (12:56 PM) : 

This is the way to think of a new year...in generalities that can make a difference. Way to go Trish. I'm sure that 2006 has some good things in store for you.

 

Blogger Becky said ... (3:15 AM) : 

Do you have any pawn shops in the vacinity? You might want to dig through them to find your guitar. There are too many desperate and broke musicians in this world, sadly. :-/

 

Blogger tiny dancer said ... (7:59 AM) : 

Who the hell is THAT little hottie you're posting pics of? Seriously woman! You look great! WORK IT!

You've been talking about a new guitar for a while and if a new guitar will bring us one step closer to a new Trish Monaco Album...then hell yah! I support you.

Good vibes floating your way~!

 

Blogger Vivian said ... (10:36 AM) : 

{{{{{Trish}}}}}
I love the pics (that black top is pretty and sexy)...here's wishing you a wonderful 2006!

Vivian

 

Blogger ckays1967 said ... (2:51 PM) : 

well done entry for the New You....


goal setting.....


I shall copy you and point to this entry as my muse.

Happy New New Trish, as I have said before, we always seem to be on different branches of the same path.

 

Blogger Judith HeartSong said ... (4:40 AM) : 

amen to all of that!!!!

 

Blogger Rant said ... (11:31 AM) : 

Happy New Year!

 

Blogger gigi said ... (1:39 PM) : 

Well ~ don't you look all at once lovely, sexy, pensive and serene. I think these gray days agree with you. I like your intentions, and the positivity you welcome ~ may you know them in abundance in the coming year! :)

 

Blogger jennifer said ... (5:03 PM) : 

Happy New Year Trish!!

 

Blogger Coy said ... (6:53 PM) : 

Happy New Year Trish ... hoping that all of what you wish for will be the least of what 2006 brings you way. Starting with the perfect guitar.
*** Coy ***

 

Blogger Sharky said ... (12:10 AM) : 

hey!
this is the first time I have been able to get into Blogger world. for some reason it has been offline for me.

looking good Trish, love the pics!
and a new guitar....I think that would be great. amp up the creativity with some new life. nothing wrong with that. :)

 

post a comment