Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Remembering Peace

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Remembering Peace



Yesterday was cold and windy again. Uh, relatively cold, very windy.

[ha. sorry, got distracted by a loud rock-opera-singing man outside my window. great voice. wacky personality.]

Anyway, where was I? Oh right...cold, windy. This weather is tough on my hands. The eczema I acquired last February has not gone away. It's doubly difficult to play the guitar in a cold room. We have a heating unit in the center of the apartment. It's nice and toasty everywhere but my room. And it's costing us a fortune.

So I went on a mission yesterday for a portable (electric) heater for my room - and something, anything else to try on my hands. A few folks have suggested diaper rash cream. Why not? I've tried so much already. And I figure, anything gentle enough for a baby's bottom must be soft enough for my sore, cracked fingers.

Went to the drug store and got Aveeno. Used it twice so far. And you know what? It's working. ::knock wood:: No portable heater yet. We decided against joining the crowds of holiday shoppers by avoiding shopping malls and department stores.

Later my neighbor and I drove up the coast at sunset to take the dogs for a romp on the beach. I'll admit, I was completely resistant to the idea for most of the day. But when we arrived at this secret location, the stresses of life disappeared. Nothing mattered. Everything was perfect.



Why hadn't I come here before?

This is what I love about LA. I had forgotten. The ocean, the mountains, the creativity, the diversity, the activity. Well, it's difficult not to notice all the activity.

We had the choice to drive to the snow, take a hike in the mountains or walk on the beach. And if we wanted to, we could've done all three in the same day.

I want to try snowboarding this year. At least go tubing. You know, sledding down a snowy mountain. I haven't seen the west coast snow - ever. I've been here for over 13 years. I think it's about time.

Today though, I'm happy right where I am - spiritually. Physically, I would love to be in a cozy guest house at the beach again. That longing feeling never leaves me. It motivates me.

I'm creating a list of goals for the new year. Realistic goals. Join a gym is not one of them. (anyone know the html code for underlining text?) My goals are more like, go to the snow, and buy a beach cruiser, and get album produced. Well, yeah, there's always that.

[Aww...a child just skipped by my window singing Jingle Bells. Now that's something to live for. I love this time of year.]

Today, heater!

Comments on "Remembering Peace"

 

Blogger tiny dancer said ... (11:38 AM) : 

Wow! These photos are...WOW!
Indiana girl says the little $10 ceramic heaters are the bestest for bedrooms!
I'm still in awe at all this inspiration I'm feeling from you here!

 

Blogger Gabreael said ... (11:46 AM) : 

I wanted to let you know the 1st Edition of the Moved J-Landers are out. I have posted them in my sidebar along with directions on how to download them if you desire to add them to your links.

Gabreael

http://gabreaelsbodymindandspirit.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger ChasingMoksha said ... (1:23 PM) : 

I think under line is *u*underline this*/u*. But use the <>

You may find a heater on target.com and you want have to deal with the people, they will bring it to you! Of course, I only order if I can get shipping free. They are desperate this time of year, I have been getting free shipping from everyone. HAH!

Yes, I need to go up to the snowy mountains before I leave the area.

And that secret spot looks familiar. Very familiar. Is it behind Cher's house?

 

Blogger Shelli said ... (3:10 PM) : 

Hey girl! Great new place here!! I love it...and I tried to comment before but your verification thingy wouldnt let me.

Turns out you have to have the number lock button off!

Who woulda thunk it?

ANyway, love the photos.

If I showed you what Im looking at outside you'd scream and run for cover.

We just got two inches of snow.

Yup, see! Im soooo born to live in Cali... why i am in Minnesota is beyond me!

Thanks for smile, i needed to remember the world is beautiful and not -15 below zero.

:P

Hugs to you! ~shells xoox

http://www.spankgraphics.com/blog.html

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (11:16 PM) : 

Hi honey, Aveeno is the BEST stuff. Very natural and works on the worst of hands, it works SO well i keep it in my backpack while im at school. And i use it often.... Try the moisturizer too for face care! Its fabulous.

Love what im seeing here with photos and spirit and stuff! We have eight inches of snow on the ground, and no matter how cold it gets, the excitement never leaves.... This is the Best time of the year... :D

xo.
Sarah

 

Blogger Heather said ... (11:28 PM) : 

Those photos are beautiful! I'm so jealous, I wish we had somewhere like that here to go! Maybe I do, maybe I haven't just found it yet :) And Aveeno works wonders for severly dry and cracked skin--I use it on my heels!

 

Anonymous Michelle said ... (6:08 AM) : 

Great photo's! Awww....I love the beach too, wishing I could step into those pics and soak up the sunshine ...Totally sad that winter is now upon us here in New England. The beach, now a freezing forlorn place.

Sorry your exzema is still giving you problems. Aveeno really helps with the itch & sometimes that's half the battle. If that stops working, have you tried bag balm?
Love when a child sings Christmas carols, the pure joy of the season just flows from those little one's who believe this time of year. Going to a few recitals of Sammi's soon. At her preschool they are performing scenes from Rudolph (Sammi is one of many deer) and her first dance recital is coming up too. Getting out the kleenex, so embarrassed by the teary eyes I get, hate being such a marshmallow, lol.

 

Blogger gigi said ... (2:15 PM) : 

Gorgeous undisclosed location! Amazing what you can find right outside your own front door. (More or less.. :) And what wonderfully positive holiday spirit!

I have to go now. I was being mesmerized by your Flickr...but I really need to back up files, and it's not working. I must have missed a cut and paste step, maybe.

....Off I go!...... :)

 

Blogger Journally Yours, Gem ;-) said ... (7:33 AM) : 

Hi there Trish,
I got your email/read your entry about mass mailing. I apologized..I have no idea how'd you got to my address book..so I followed your link and realized you were on AOl journals..so your addy must have been added automatically to mine when I was getting mass emails as well from others. I apologized for unintended emails/update from me to you.
Anyhow....so, while I am here I was browsing. Great pics...memserizing. I used to live in San Diego, Ca...oh how I missed those times. I was in Sun city, Ca this past summer visiting my sister. I might go up again in a few months.
Well..hope you didn't mind I left you comment. I'd stop by again soon if that's ok. I do have journal here in blogspot.
Take care & happy holidays,
Gem :-)

 

Blogger Sharky said ... (8:50 AM) : 

Hey, Trish.
I just subscribed to your feedblitz! I didn't know you had one...
yes, i can feel a sense of peace from you, the photo's are amazing! It's helping me, I am sitting in a cold basement with a computer. :P

yes, new year....new idea's, new hope. :D

 

Blogger Stevie said ... (9:55 AM) : 

O Holy Cow...just discovered your blog via By The Way...absolutely love it! Your voice touches something in my soul...thank you...Have a wonderful Christmas

 

Blogger Donna said ... (2:51 PM) : 

Neosporin, applied lightly and rubbed in at bedtime, works wonders for my winter hands. http://journals.aol.com/mosie1944/MYCOUNTRYLIFE/

 

post a comment