Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Peace and Friends

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Peace and Friends


As my anxiety eases, I find myself coming back to that peace-place I'd forgotten about. Life goes in cycles. I guess this is my time to be more physically active and social. But quiet time is still essential. I've spent the last couple of years in much-needed hibernation. I didn't want to do anything outside of what moved me. Which wasn't much in terms of activity. In that time I learned the importance of finding the balance between activity and quiet, alone-time. Let's hope I learned that, anyway.

Recently, I'm reconnecting with old friends. The holidays are good for that. We seem to pick up right where we left off. The difference being me. I'm more connected to myself. I don't need anything outside of myself to fill empty spaces. I also realize I really love my friends.

At the same time, Hunny and I really, really miss our new friends from downstairs. It's been a long time since I've had a friend with such similar interests. Someone who can go deep when needed and be light and fun just the same.

We talk about buying bikes so we can ride to the beach, about playing tennis (badly) together, about driving to the snow and going tubing. I'm also about to dust off my rollerblades.

Movies, dinner, baking, driving up the coast, walking on the beach with the dogs, playing music, dancing, creating. I'm like a kid with a new best friend. A new best friend who went home for the holidays.

I spent a few hours making collage-photo-booklets for my clients as holiday gifts.

I get so sentimental about my dogs when I do that. And this photo of my new best friend's dog - Hunny's new boyfriend, Piper - just makes me melt.

...

So yeah, Hunny and I miss our buddies. Sounds silly to mention it. But it's what's up. So why not?

I used to feel this way between semesters when I was in college. I hated being home for the holidays - away from my friends. It was too boring. I liked being in the action of the campus and dorm life.

That's kinda what this reminds me of. Our friends live in the same building -- like a dorm. I can run downstairs with a cup of coffee on my way to take Hunny out. We're usually greeted by Piper. He always hears Hunny and barks for her. Gosh, I might miss him most. But let's keep that between you and me.

Comments on "Peace and Friends"

 

Anonymous Walter said ... (4:39 AM) : 

Yeah? Hunny's got a new guy? He's a Yorkie. Yorkie's yap. Havs are much better.

Tell Hunny, I would never just leave her over the howlidays. And I have a way better voice.

with love from me, walter

 

Anonymous Hunny said ... (6:46 AM) : 

Walter, my darling Havvie! Our love lives strong. It's just sometimes we need a little yap in our snap, you know? Don't fret my little Christmas Elf, there's enough of me to go around.

 

Anonymous chopped_liver said ... (4:21 PM) : 

What about the rest of your friends?

 

Blogger Sarah said ... (10:25 PM) : 

awwwwwwwwww cute! piper is adorable! And your absolutely right. Its just too boring at home... i miss the hustle and bustle of the dorms.... ;) But im thankful just the same for the friends! :)

Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
xo- Sarah

 

Blogger gigi said ... (10:34 PM) : 

Hey yeah! I'm with Chopped Liver ~ what up? We can play truly bad tennis as well, you know; I myself am enthusiastically awful. Also, we have been known to drink the occasional cup of coffee. You know, if you're buyin' and all.

Merry Christmas!!! ;D xxoo

 

Blogger Sharky said ... (12:22 AM) : 

hmmm, someone sounds smitten....
not sure who it is yet...

anyway....
enjoy the holidays, the good feelings, and making new friends...always goooood!
xo

 

Blogger Becky said ... (1:07 AM) : 

Merry Christmas Trish!

 

Blogger The Boisverts said ... (7:08 AM) : 

Merry, Merry Christmas to you Trish.

 

Blogger Heather said ... (9:53 AM) : 

Trish, I know alllllll about the bustle, and missing it. I also miss my friends when they head home for the holidays! Piper is so precious, and Tink said that she's quite jealous of Ms. Hunny. BUT--she said that she'll always be Hunny's friend, and she sends licks! -winks-

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Tink & I!

 

Blogger Judith HeartSong said ... (2:36 PM) : 

Piper is the cutest thing next to Hunny and sliced bread (of course Hunny comes first).
Hope you have a great holiday even while your friends are away.
judi

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:04 AM) : 

If you miss the dog most, you have picked the right profession.

~~Mary

 

Blogger Kristeena said ... (3:40 PM) : 

ohmigawd that dog is adorable! No wonder that pic makes your heart melt - it does mine, too!!

psssst you've got buttloads of friends yanno. Just sayin'.

hugs!
=) kris

 

post a comment