Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: LA Dogwalker from Head to Toe

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

LA Dogwalker from Head to Toe


(click image to enlarge)

Busy, busy, busy ... and I like it, like it, like it.

Someone (Wil) was concerned about the recent decline in my business. I've been concerned as well. This business goes in cycles. Recently I lost (permanently) two clients. I also lost (temporarily) one other daily client. And last week I lost another client.

All were for different reasons. One is living part-time in another city. One just got too aggressive and disruptive for the group (she's getting the care she needs from her loving folks and a good trainer). And we know about the other two. They were part of the same pick-up. When one canceled, by default, so did the other.

It's true, I haven't talked much about the business I do have. Here's where I stand as of today.

In the last couple of months, I've gotten weekly business from clients who had previously been once-in-a-great-while. They've become more consistent. I've also been blessed with double the work, covering my friend's dogs as she is still recovering from her car accident (she's okay, just in pain, unable to physically handle her big dogs).

Needless to say, my days have gotten longer -- just in time for the light of day to be much shorter. Again, no complaints. Only praises. I'm grateful for the work.

I love my work.

Today at the park, I saw a trainer that I met a few months ago. Back then she was really interested in working together. She liked the way I handled my dogs. I thought she might've forgotten about our connection until I heard she recently lost her father to cancer. So she was out of the state for two months. She's back and ready to work. She took my card again today and assured me she still wants to collaborate. She's already got a couple of her clients she wants to refer to me.

She no sooner left when another trainer approached me asking about my business. He too likes my energy and the way I handle my dogs. He pegged the PeaceMobile as mine, saying he can tell I'm "good people." He took my card and said he would "definitely be calling" to refer business to me.

No matter what happens, the point is, the energy is opening up. It feels good. It's time. The ebb and flow. I have to remember to trust the process.

I never know what's around the corner. This is a reminder that this moment is only this moment. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just perfect. Just is.

Maybe it has something to do with the classical music I've been listening to in the car. I feel a shift in my energy when driving. I noticed today that the dogs were also calm and quiet -- even on the way to the park.

In this moment, life is good.

Comments on "LA Dogwalker from Head to Toe"

 

Blogger Fun Joel said ... (1:05 AM) : 

Cute picture! Good luck finding more work if you want/need it. :-)

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (6:18 AM) : 

I love how you did the pic. Yeah!!! for the new work, new energy, and new music. Wil wasn't the only one who showed concern.
:-)

 

Blogger jennifer said ... (4:12 PM) : 

I love that photo!! And the pups, well, everybody's gotta love the pups. I hope the connections work out.

 

Blogger Vivian said ... (6:12 PM) : 

The photo is awesome....this entry is full of good news....keep the energy flowing!

 

Blogger Shelli said ... (9:48 PM) : 

"In this moment, life is good."

Yay! Wishing you loads more of good moments and CLIENTS! woo!

Cool picture too! Love the look. Gosh, your so darn cute.

Totally not fair.

~Shells xoxo
www.spankgraphics.com/blog.html

 

Blogger ckays1967 said ... (10:11 PM) : 

ah yes....the journey. You and I have talked about our journeys before.


xxoo

 

Blogger Sharky said ... (11:48 PM) : 

so glad to feel so many positive vibes here.

indeed, all we have are moments, and they shift and turn at any given time. It's good to remember when were feeling out of sorts....that the journey never stops. good times will always be ahead. :)
love the pic....

 

Blogger Karyn With A Why said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Hey I followed you over here [finally] and glad to see things are going well. I am *toying* with moving my journal to this neck of the woods, sort of wandering the neighborhood right now ...

~ Karyn
http://journals.aol.com/karynetaylor/WhateverItTakes

 

Blogger Judith HeartSong said ... (2:10 PM) : 

what a blessing all of this is. I ADORE the photo.

 

Blogger Jod{i} said ... (9:47 AM) : 

Love the pic! ANd what a wonderfully uplifting entry! I could feel the positive energy oozing from the words! This is great!!!! Keep it going!
Peace
Jodi

 

Blogger alphawoman said ... (8:36 AM) : 

Love the picture. Classical music has the same effect on me. Calming and inspirational.

 

Blogger Becky said ... (7:57 AM) : 

LOL I love your diagram graphic! And glad to hear that things are looking up.

 

post a comment