Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Thanksgiving Memories

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving Memories

Thanksgiving Morning Joy - in pictures. (click on images to enlarge)

Hunny's expression


My expression


Both expressions may look very different, but believe me when I say they have the same meaning: joy. pleasure. beauty. pure bliss.




I love Thanksgiving morning. It's usually quieter than most other mornings. This year was a bit different though. It seems others have caught on to our little tradition. Coffee shops and local cafes were hopping. Neighbors were out walking their dogs and kids. Fishermen lined the Venice pier. The regular surf crowd was in their zone -- along with a few clueless boogeyboarders. Note to tourists: boogeyboard not near the hometown surfers. Just trust me.



Later we had somewhat of an orphan thanksgiving dinner at the apartment. Just a few of us. We had a wonderful time. Ate, shared stories, played games and laughed a lot. Lots of fun. (for the record, I would never consciously serve beef broth to a vegetarian!)

Today I'm resting. Gotta love the laptop. I can stay in bed, update my blog and watch last night's Survivor and reruns of SVU. Life is good. Lots to be thankful for.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Comments on "Thanksgiving Memories"

 

Blogger jennifer said ... (4:11 PM) : 

SURVIVOR! OMG! You're a fan!!!!! In many ways, watching Gary (I'm not a football player) get the boot was the best part of the holiday. At least I was sitting down.

Love the photos. And I love those special traditions, even when others horn in on them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 PM) : 

where are you and why aren't you answering your phone?

 

Anonymous cheryl moss said ... (5:08 PM) : 

xoxo

 

Blogger IndigoSunMoon said ... (7:15 PM) : 

Trish,
I just loved your pictures. It's been over 6 yrs since I have seen the ocean, and today you brought it to my computer screen. Thank you for that.
So glad you had a great Thanksgiving!
Lovish!
Connie

 

Blogger Laura said ... (7:30 PM) : 

what a delightful way to start the day!
Thanks for sharing.
PS I understand your stating for the record because we have a vegetarian in this house and sometimes, well, mom has unwittingly made a mistake....never on purpose!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:05 AM) : 

Look at that downward doggie...awwww Hunny! LA looks great! Soon...
Beef broth to a vegatarian...hahahahaha
Mikethedawg

 

Blogger gigi said ... (10:24 AM) : 

Gorgeous. Joy pleasure beauty bliss. Sounds like a mantra. Think I'll make it mine.

Hunny's going to have to teach me the proper way to do 'Down Dog.' :)

 

Blogger Unhinged said ... (11:43 AM) : 

(for the record, I would never consciously serve beef broth to a vegetarian!)

Hee, hee, hee, I knew it.

 

Blogger Unhinged said ... (11:46 AM) : 

Dang, I also meant to type that I thought it was a good day, too.

 

Blogger Kristeena said ... (11:26 PM) : 

Happy Thanksgiving, hon!! (little late, as usual)

muah!
=) kris

 

Blogger Becky said ... (1:15 AM) : 

Oh man...I'd have given nearly anything to be one of those orphans at your dinner. Anyone out there want a used and psychotic family? For sale. Cheap. ;-) Now I want to go to the beach...

 

Blogger V said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Woo Hoo!
Hunny is the Greatest! Trish, I especially love the top right Pic in the collage!!
Hugs,
V

 

post a comment