Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Lost Ground

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 18, 2005

Lost Ground

This is crazy. I just can't seem to get my wits about me again. Please tell me I'm not the only one still feeling lost without a home.

I know, a shakeup is good for movement. It can be motivating. But I get obsessed. I wasn't happy with the droll colors in here. They reminded me too much of my other journal. The one I've loved for over two years. [boohoo]

Onward.

So yeah, I changed the layout in here. I've been spending hours upon hours learning and tweaking the look. I eventually gave up and decided to start with the most basic pre-made template and "build" from there.

I've been wanting to whiteout my journal for a while. So it makes sense to start with white walls in a new home. I will spend as much time as possible moving entries from you-know-where to here. It is my goal to eventually get settled and comfortable here.

At the moment, I'm not. Not comfortable at all. It's like, well, moving. And moving sucks. I'm in an empty home with white walls and bare cupboards. Utilities are just beginning to turn on. But I've got to get all my stuff from the last two years over here before I can feel more comfortable.

That said, can anyone help me?! I have tweaked the template of this new blog to the best of my (non)ability. But there's one major problem I'm still having. When you link to a certain entry (i.e. this one) to read comments, it's all good and fine. Until you try to link BACK to my blog's main page by clicking on the blog title. There's some extra coding in there that I can't find on the template because I don't know what it means. And the link doesn't exist. Which is even worse.

Oh, and thanks Jennifer for pointing me/us to the following:

Business Week Online Blog Post about AOL Journal Ads

Terminator 4 - by stupidsheetguy

Comments on "Lost Ground"

 

Blogger Judith HeartSong said ... (3:52 PM) : 

love to you.... we are all feeling lost. You are now on the list. judi

 

Blogger V said ... (5:35 PM) : 

Hi Trish. Welcome!

We need a pic of the puppy to feel at home!
Hugs,
V

 

Blogger IndigoSunMoon said ... (7:29 PM) : 

Trish,
I know exactly how your feeling love. I'm feeling the same way. I'm just lost. I'm so sad.
Connie

 

Blogger Peachy said ... (9:06 PM) : 

This is just the worst, having to ply through the AOL-J's I've read and then having to save new blogs all over the place. I feel what you're talking about.

I'm here too. http://thepeachpages2.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger ckays1967 said ... (9:38 PM) : 

I think Robbie knows more about this place than any of us...

 

Blogger Carly said ... (12:06 AM) : 

Hang in there sweetie...we are all having the same feelings. It will get better.

Love, Carly :)

 

Anonymous Mara said ... (1:29 AM) : 

Ahh, I found you. I was gone from J-land for a while, honing and designing my blogs on Blogspot (I have 3 now, though the replacement for Amused is not ready yet).

I come back and find our community destroyed by corporate greed. I still get livid thinking about it. Through you I hope to find the other J-landers.

As for your link problem, e-mail me. I'm not a javascript/css expert but I think I can fix your particular dilemma. My musenla account on AOL is still working, for the meantime that I'm saving all my old journal entries and getting my new blog ready.

I know some bells and whistles for Blogger as well: e-mail alerts for new posts similar to AOL alerts, statcounters, trackbacks, backlinks, flickr badges, etc. You can check them out at my blog though there are no entries there yet, just geek gibberish. I can teach you the codes for those, too if you like. I'm also thinking of doing a series of posts about it soon, as a guide for J landers new to Blogspot.

Last but not least, J land is not dead. WE are J land. We can build this community again. Better, stronger, faster. Oops, I went Bionic there for a second. =D

I missed you and Hunny. I hope to get in the thick of things again. And welcome to the Blogosphere!

 

Blogger jennifer said ... (2:30 AM) : 

I really dislike those first few days (weeks?) in a new home, never being able to remember which box I put the toothpaste in and stuff. But soon it becomes second nature again. At least I think so.

I agree with Vince. We need a dose of Hunny.

 

Anonymous Andi B. said ... (10:29 AM) : 

I found your site on AOL and followed you over here. Your email on AOL is down or do you know that? Got a question for you about something. Can you post a new email so I can ask you?

 

Blogger The BluDragoness said ... (10:38 AM) : 

I have offically moved my blog to here http://thebludragoness/blogspot.com No more AOL I now need to call them.

Great blog Trish.

The BluDragoness

 

Blogger floralilia said ... (12:22 PM) : 

honey,

you'd feel better if you paint the walls here...

http://floraliliahere.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Sie said ... (4:34 PM) : 

I'm rather enjoying the new place. Yes, I've spent hours already playing with the template and HTML - of which I have NO experience...

I've got a few quirks I need to iron out, and I know there are so many more things that can be done, but it's beginning to feel like home.

I hope you and everyone that moved starts feeling that way too.

 

post a comment