Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Harry Potter Line

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Harry Potter Line


Whose bright idea was it to see one of this year's biggest movie releases on its opening weekend? Oh that's right, it was ours. A collective decision. More like Andi saying, "I want to see Harry Potter." And me saying, "Hey, how 'bout Saturday?"

It was 3:25pm.

The 3:30 show had been sold out since before we arrived. The 4:00 show sold out the moment I tried to purchase two tickets. That left us with the choice to see another movie, see no movie at all, or stick around for the 5:10 showing.

In a panic-purchase, we chose to see it at 5:10.



As we turned the corner of the theater, there was a crowd of people, all standing behind four posted signs. That's when we realized it was the line to see Harry Potter. Folks were already in the 5:10 line.

That's when I was about to scalp tickets. But it was still too early. People were still arriving in hopes of seeing the 4:00 show. So Andi and I went to get a bite to eat and sit outside, people-watching. One of my favorite things to do. It was a beautiful day for it too.

Somehow I got soft, "We're here. We can stand in line I suppose." Andi didn't miss a beat, "Okay!" I guessed then that it was me all along who wasn't much into waiting.


Let's play Where's Andi? -- Here she is in the line at 4:15 (for the 5:10 showing).



***

***

***

Just in case you missed her...


Happy Sunday everyone. We're off to celebrate a certain Yakkie's Birthday.

Comments on "Harry Potter Line"

 

Blogger Unhinged said ... (9:16 AM) : 

Hah!

Fun. And funny.

 

Blogger jennifer said ... (11:17 AM) : 

With all due respect to the both of you:

ARE YOU NUTS?

:o)

 

Blogger floralilia said ... (12:24 PM) : 

this is so great!

I can't wait to see the movie too..

 

Anonymous Andi B. said ... (2:17 PM) : 

Oh cool! I'll join the other Andi and try to become a buddy of yours too. :)

Do you like Fame? the series? That's how I found your website to begin with. I'll email you later.
Very busy Sunday. Was the Harry Potter wait worth it????

Andi B.

 

Blogger alphawoman said ... (3:07 PM) : 

so how was the movie?

 

Blogger Sie said ... (4:35 PM) : 

The last movie I went to see was when the original Harry Potter came out in theaters. I think I'm ready to go again so I hope this new one is another good one!

 

Anonymous sunflowerkat said ... (5:51 PM) : 

My family went today, but I stayed home to enjoy the peace and quiet. I hope you and Andi had a great time. Hey...where is Andi's bloglines journal????
:)

 

Blogger Fun Joel said ... (6:59 PM) : 

Yay! Welcome to your new "virtual" home! When's the housewarming party? Congrats on dropping that annoying, clunky, ugh-tastic AOL crap! :-)

 

Blogger Kari said ... (10:41 PM) : 

Saw the movie today and LOVED IT!

 

Blogger Becky said ... (2:54 AM) : 

You two are a riot! I don't think I've stood in an opening weekend line since Star Wars (the original one) came out. LOL ;-)

 

Blogger aims said ... (11:30 AM) : 

Hey girl. It was good to catch up on what's going on in your world. Looks like you've got most of this "code" stuff figured out. I believe I like the layout better than your other journal! More options, etc...Looks great. I doubt I'll ever find time to learn. But at least I've figured out how to post. That's a good thing. :-)

Take care!

Mia

 

Blogger gigi said ... (7:01 PM) : 

Oh, you guys are just so adorable!

This is why I only go to see French or Japanese animated films; ones with subtitles that feature singing crones or the spirits of the dead. There's so rarely a line.

In this case, I think I'll wait for the book to come out. Do you think there'll be a book?

 

Blogger ChasingMoksha said ... (7:23 PM) : 

HAH! Me and my little one went to the 1:30 showing today! No line, no wait. Well not to buy the tickets anyway. The popcorn is another story. We had great seats. A quiet audience, and no children. I got her out of school early to see it.

I LOVE HARRY POTTER!

Cedric Diggority was totally hot!

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (10:05 PM) : 

That "Where's Andi/Waldo." pic is even more funny after the second and third time looking at because everyone around her seems absolutely oblivious to what is going on. Hilarious!!! :-)

 

Blogger Sharky said ... (11:45 AM) : 

HAH!
too funny, love this post! so cute. and the where's Andi, hilarous. so entertaining you are!

I am a huge people watcher too...big time fun, little or no money, lol.

anyway, hope the movie was great, I want to see it too. But, I am waiting. Because I hate to wait in lines. :P

 

Anonymous Maria said ... (7:27 PM) : 

Good one...like the little circle of interest! Hope the movie was good....say your journal on Scalzi's other journals. Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

 

Blogger Kristeena said ... (11:25 PM) : 

Dang, wasn't it awesome though?!?! Totally worth it, and I haven't even had time to read the books yet. Of course, Em complained because they left so much out (just like she does after every HP movie), but I thought it rocked.

I bought my tickets four hours in advance and STILL had to wait in line to get in. (still worth it!)

=) kris
missin' you, still at aol, but blogspotting too. pout!
thedailypurge.blogspot.com
http://journals.aol.com/kristeenaelise/thedailypurge

 

post a comment