Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Random Blog Journey-2-Peace: Cold & Windy Saturday

    Trish Monaco.
    singer. songwriter.
    dog walker.
    human. living.
    loving. laughing.
    in Los Angeles

headshot3web

Journey-2-Peace has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.trishmonaco.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Cold & Windy Saturday


It is kah-kah-kah-cold today! Windy. dry. brittle. Brrrr. Makes my fingers crack. I know, it's not quite like the cold that others are experiencing. It feels like a New England fall day.

You know what I love about today? I love that it's only Saturday. It has felt like Sunday all day. This means I have a whole 'nother day off before having to walk doggies.

Hunny and I are really enjoying our time together. We've spent a lot of time with our neighbor and her Yorkie, Piper. We went to the park this afternoon. I took some fun pictures as Piper played soccer. Hunny was the meet-n-greeter. The sun was shining strong. But the wind was blowing stronger. [did i mention it's cold?]

We're going to see Rent tonight. I just purchased our tickets online so we wouldn't run into another new-movie-mishap (read: sold-out shows). What is it with me and opening weekends lately? I'm the one who usually waits for the DVD release. I guess I'm in a movie-going mood. Oooh, popcorn!

Speaking of DVDs, I watched Living in Oblivion the other night. I'd seen it before, but it was so long ago that I couldn't really remember it. I remember liking it. I liked it this time. Not love. Just like. Worth a watch. Now I want to see The Player again. Movies about the movie industry.

Last week I saw a play about rehearsing a scene for a play. A friend was understudying the lead. Of course, he was amazing. Stage Directions is playing at the Odyssey Theatre.

Then of course, I'm listening to a lot of Jason Mraz. His single, Wordplay, is a pop song about having to write a pop song.

I guess the next thing I need is to read a book about writing a book. Then again, I've written blog entries about writing blog entries. I suppose that counts.

In other news ...

I'm thinking about doing some acting again. No need for a big hooplah. Just thinking.

Started writing another song today. Not sure where it's going. But I like it so far. Anything can happen.

Learning how to cut a deck of cards with one hand.

Hooked on Winter Dream Tea Latte, at the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.

Comments on "Cold & Windy Saturday"

 

Blogger IndigoSunMoon said ... (10:56 PM) : 

I would love to go and see Rent...but I'll probably have to wait until it comes out on DVD.
It was chilly here today too, but not like anything you've described.
Love the pictures!
~Connie

 

Blogger alh said ... (11:50 PM) : 

it's definitely getting colder! feels like winter is coming on!

rent is one of my must sees. well that and chronicles of narnia and memoirs of a geisha. -=)

 

Blogger Warren said ... (12:47 AM) : 

Hey there,

I am digging the new look, all the pics, and the new blog. And it WAS cold today - felt like fall in New England, and I loved it. I'm updating the link on my site to this new address.

Rock on!

 

Blogger Peachy said ... (9:16 AM) : 

Well? Was Rent good?! I really want to see this movie, the song in the previews has a hook in it that'll keep people singing it for years.

Seriously loving your new "space".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 PM) : 

Seems to me I just (tried to) watch a movie about making a movie...yup...Melinda & Melinda. Hmmm.

I am seriously picking up on all your inspiring energy and creative flow lately! mmmmhmmm.

Good to see your pics, did you see me wave to you?
Mikethedawg

 

Blogger Robbie said ... (10:55 PM) : 

I've stayed huddled in the house most of the weekend. Only stepped out by force and with the the promise of spending money. I've got half my Christmas shopping done. Yeah!!! Damn! I wish for another week. Oh well. I'll just wait the three weeks and do it again. :-)

 

Blogger ChasingMoksha said ... (5:21 PM) : 

Since you are so savy, do tell me where I can see the new independent Colin Firth and Kevin Bacon movie. I looked everywhere, even in Hollywood. I guess I am willing to go as far south as Long Beach. Or I may have to just wait for the DVD.


Oooh acting. How grand, will go with your shirt, the Drama Queen one. LOL! Albert will have to move over.

My two books that I read about writing are, Anne Lamott's bird by bird and Stephen King's On writing A Memoir of the Craft . But judging by my blog, I have not been reading much. HAH!


Enjoy those Saturdays sista, because it will be Monday, then Tuesday before you know it.

P.S. I watched Kinsey this weekend. I lost time.

 

Blogger aims said ... (1:31 PM) : 

I must be under a rock. I've never heard of rent. With exception of that which I PAY every month, that is. LOL! Hmm, did that sentence make sense? I have a cold and I'm doped up on cold meds right now. Sorry ...

I'm lovin' the photos. You may have been freezing but you look all toasty and warm in your 'boggan. :-)

XO
Mia

 

Blogger The Dark Lord Omz said ... (6:43 PM) : 

The shirt, it rocks!

 

post a comment